cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherkhan
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Rubbish

As I have said before, I am 100 meters maybe less from the cab, new build housing area so all new lines yet my line can only 'support 51.56Mbps'? Been a big hype over nothing in my opinion. New lines mean Good Lines, limited crosstalk etc etc.

Am I impressed? Not on your life!!!

Frankly rather wish I never bothered with it all. Just peeved that new lines etc etc G ood job I do not rely or need the sped, just bandwidth.

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 18 Mbps

0 Mbps51.56 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-51.56 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 51.56 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.97 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.97Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Rubbish

There is a lot more to it then just how far you're from the cab. What the cable from the cab is made of and what gauge it is will affect speed. Also just because you're 100M from the cab as the crow flow doesn't necessarily mean you have a direct connection to it. It may well be taking a longer route via other properties.
0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 3 of 7

This is very good advice and right ! My brother who worked for B.T use to say to me its not just how far you are its the age of the property and cable ,and as said above whether your connected without being directed elsewhere 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Okay, I will explain again. I am ex BT from years ago whe we knew what we were doing, not board swappers.

Cabling cannot go any further than 140 meters or so as there is not anything there bar a previous buld complex. Cabling to this site was new and direct. I believe it was that cowboy outfit, Fujitsu or something or other and there I would say lies the problem. I saw the cabling going in before I was mistaken on buying this property which I wish I hadn't.

Age of property? New.

Age of cabling? New.

Anyone got anymore excuses they would like to throw in?

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Guage of cabling would be related to the run and voltage drop/interfence etc. If it is wrong for the run then BT/Fujitsu to blame. Shame they did not run FO as any sensible company would have done considering the leap forward of technology and also evidenced by their own expansion views. They were aware of the properties going in here and shoudl make allowance. For Gods sake this is meant to be a modern world.

Anyway, cannot be bothered with it all. Nothing will ever get done about it anyway.

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Oh right ..well its not only B.T Engineers who you seem to think are bad 🙂 I had a Virgin Media Engineer knock at my door last week ( I don,t have VM by the way ) asking me if i knew where the Virgin Media Green box was placed ?? ummmmm i was speachless for a bit ha! and said yeah its the only one in the road ,as the B.T boxes are at the start of the road with a B.T Logo on the side lol

JamJar62
0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Oh no, not just the BT engineers. Don't get me started on Sky Engineers. 2 day course and they are Satellite Engineers. I left BT to work for Sky. God help us all. It just opens your eyes to see from the inside what is happening and then be a customer.

And I am not saying all BT are bad. Not their fault the training is not up to scratch. When I left ages ago BT were reducing staffing levels and training. Prefering to 'outsource' and we all know what happens then.

The guys who have come here for my problems were okay. All seem a little disillusioned though without saying anything.

0 Ratings