cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Rubbish

Well what can I say about BT. Wish I never went with them. I was meant to have BT infinity on the 24/04/2012 engineer came round had problems and said there is nothing he can do up with have it up in 5 days . Ok I thought . Came to the 5day being the 29th BT said the earliest they can get an engineer round is the 14th may. So no phone or internet till then. Along came the 14th and they got it working. All was fine untill 9th June when all stoped working . So rang them up on the 10th as I was busy they said it will take 4 days to be fixed. The commitment date was for the 14th at 5pm . Guess what. The phone was was working but no Internet. I rang them and they said that an engineer will be out on the 18th June . I said how when it was ment to be fixed but end of play today he said you never told BT that the Internet was not working when I **bleep** well did because that's the reason I rang on the 10th he said I should of spoke more clearly then . I said to him can you understand me, he said yes why. I reply with so if you can understand me why could the person I spoke to not understand me. I was on the phone for an hour he was so rude. And said if you don't want that date I can cancel it. I then said what and get someone to do it in a month. He said yes. Basically they had me by the balls and would not go out of his way. His final words nearly were close to saying fxxx you. So now I have had to have 3 days off work so they can send someone to fix it AGIAN which has cost me about a loss off 210 pounds in all. BT are willing to have people work around them but they will not work around the customer. In 8 weeks now that I have had infinity it has only been working for 2 1/2 weeks. If I knew this I would have never gone with them and now stuck with an 18 month contract.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Rubbish

If anything goes wrong BT are one of the worst companies I have dealt with to get it fixed. Their customer service is nothing short of appalling.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

It's the industry standard. So much for the improvements we were promised that competition would bring when telecoms were privatised 25-odd years ago. BT don't get voted amongst the worst however: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2084868/Customer-service-TalkTalk-gets-Wooden-Spoon....

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

When things go wrong with any provider it's usually a pain.

When I first moved to this house I retained the BT line and transferred my O2 broadband. There was a phone line issue that caused noise on the line with the router connected (no not a filter problem it's called an HRDIS fault and is caused by a bad joint). After 5 BT callouts it still wasn't fixed and I gave up on BT and ADSL and moved to cable.

Cable was good until VM started overselling their capacity by offering 100Mbps unlimited. Somebody on my little network segment must have taken it and given it some real welly because my cable performance nosedived and stayed that way. VM promised to fix it but the fix date was months away and they seemed to think that was fine. I didn't so I downgraded to 10Mbps as that was all they could deliver and resolved to give BT another chance when Infinity arrived. Well that will be in a couple of weeks time. Hopefully they'll either provide a decent line this time or the engineer doing the install will fix it if it's the same one and the duff joint is still present - hopefully in the intervening two years it will have progressed to not working at all so they'll have to fix it.

Fortunately for most people their phone and broadband is reliable and trouble free. If it isn't the ride will be a rough one no matter what technology and companies are involved.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Well BT ate coming today between 8am-1pm 3rd day off. I did leave a request to ask that if the engerneer can come before as I can't waste this whole day waiting for the guy to turn up when it BTs fault in the 1st place. It's now 0930 with 30 mins left of my request. Looks like I will be wasting another day. I know people must be looking at this and think I'm being **bleep** but when you have been with BT for only 8 weeks with it only working for 18days of it and four call outs already . You might see my point lol
0 Ratings