cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Running slow last 3 days

Hi all, I have HH3 and it usually runs at 2.4mb. 3 days ago the hub reset itself, probably because wind & rain upset the overhead line. Since then I get a steady 0.7mb. Have run the quiet line check and is OK. The ADSL stats show lots of errors but noise margin, attenuation and sync speed as normal. here are the stats and the BT wholesale test result. The further diagnostics failed, which is also normal.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.73 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:    Connected
Connection time:    3 days, 02:11:59
Downstream:    3.188 Mbps
Upstream:    448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:    0/38
Type:    PPPoA
Modulation:    G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:    Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):    12.0 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):    51.2 dB / 30.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):    19.2 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):    59075561 / 111
CRC Events (Down/Up):    1247 / 50
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):    8157 / 43
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    681 / 84

Hide details    

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A) | Time and date 16:47 26/02/15

I suspect the DLM is stuck again, unless anyone thinks this level of errors is enough to cause this amount of slowing? If so, now what?

regards Jonathan

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Running slow last 3 days

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  it may e that your profile has not yet recovered to the correct value after your drops in connection

your noise margin is higher than normal 6db so maybe see if mods will reset but btspeedtster first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for prompt reply. As you see I already ran the BT Wholesale test, so here is the other one:

"

3.26Mb

Download 0.72Mb
    Upload 0.36Mb

(BT Exchange tooltip) (Home tooltip) (Your device tooltip)

Your download speed is in line with what we'd expect, but you might be able to improve it with the tips below.

The speed coming into your house

The speed you get at your computer
Connection speed 3.26Mb        

Good

Download speed 0.72Mb
    Upload speed 0.36Mb

Could be improved"

Sorry about format is a bit graphical. The problem is I cannot tell what my IP is as the BTW tester doesn't work.

regards Jonathan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

download speed suggests profile down about 1mb but with btspeedtester diagnostic results cannot be sure  can you try again please 

btspeedtester

the last time you posted it was not a profile problem but  like present your noise margin was higher than normal 6db and mods helped

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Here it is, same as always. It used to work, sometimes, years ago, but since the last revamp it never does!

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.73 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Regards Jonathan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I think the profile will sort itself out and I think best thing to do is to ask mods to reset noise margin back to 6db as you have the 3+ days connection time which will give you a bit more connection speed and hoprefully profile will follow after reset 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes, I that sounds like a good thing to try, I think the DLM just needs a nudge to sort itself out. Will a Mod post a link?

Regards Jonathan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

the profile usually take 3/5 days so it will sort itself out and mods will post here with contact us link

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 10

Hi johncbro, 

Thanks for posting. 

I can get this sorted for you. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Odd my last post vanished when I pressed Preview. Update: On evening of 26 Feb I checked Broadband status at 22.20 hrs and found the speed back up to 2.42mb and the noise margin at 7.5dB which is as good as we ever get, so I thought the noise margin must have been reset. The speed was the same over the next few days, but the noise margin went back up to 9.5dB. Yesterday (2March) a man from BT phoned to offer help, said nothing done yet. I told him we were functional (now) and agreed he would phone back in a week. Last evening had to reset the hub due to a separate problem with Firefox. It re-synced at 2.688mb which is slow and noise margin is now 12.4dB. speed is now 2.37m so 50kb down but not to worry, will see how it goes. Thanks to imjolly and Olge C for advice and help. Regards Jonathan
0 Ratings