cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hi Guys,

I would like to install BT Internet in my flat. I know already this is possible  and I start to say I never installed a broadband in my life. My question is , if I buy the package and my cable is in the bedroom would I need also to add on the order the mini connectors? And how works the set up, how long it takes to arrive home?

Many thanks 😄

Screenshot_20200618-182036_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: SET UP

Go to solution

Do you have a working phone line?  If so who is the provider?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

When I check with my post code coverage with BT shows my full address, but myself I don't have a phone line, I have this cable in my bedroom

20200618_191036_33.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Her123, that looks like a satellite or Aerial wire for TV and isn't for broadband. Do you have a telephone socket in the flat as that's where you would connect the Home hub we will send?

Are you thinking of getting BT TV with your broadband package as that's what the mini connectors are for, they bring the broadband connection from the Hub to the BT TV box as it's not wireless.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you don't have a phone line then enter your address and post results. This will show what broadband is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

HI! 

I am actually interested to add TV in my account.

• I found the telephone socket20200618_205744_1_18.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Her123 thanks for replying, that's where you'll need to connect the BT Home Hub. If the TV is going to be in another room or is further than a couple of meters from the socket the mini connectors would be needed to bring the broadband connection to the TV box.