Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wotservice
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

SLOW "broadband" -slower than dial up!

My broadband connection has been slow or not working (together with hub phone) since 16 July. It is currently configured at 750kbs and Speedtester will not register a speed. I have written to complain (twice) without any response and have received numerous calls purporting to be from BT plus 2 engineering visits advising fault "in exchange". Any advice on how to get BT to fix or stop charging for non service appreciated!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: SLOW "broadband" -slower than dial up!

i have been having the same problem since 6th july (0121 505 are - wednesbury).

i joined bt fon, and am doing my downloading wirelessly from btopenzone (which i think is the library at the end of my road) or a neighbour on their btfon hub, which is twice as fast as my upto 20meg option 3 connection. i am awaiting a chase up by the indian call centre on tuesday, so will se what happens. (they are fine, but are not able to do anything constructive) allegedly, after a reset, my connection has to stabalise, - which can take 2 weeks, but will be fragged it i lose power to the bthub between now and then, as the engineer will have to come out, reset my exchange setting, then i will be starting the 2 week wait again.

having been with bt for 8 years, it may be time for me to switch - the jury is stil out.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
lewis
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I've had a engineer out today, who spoke with someone on the end of the phone for a hour, i had a invalid PPP Error 271.. anyway they sorted that and i had a max through put speed is 2.8mb.. and now.. ive been capped at 350k..... does anyone have a number for someone english to speak to that actually knows what were talking about?

Lew
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@lewis wrote:
I've had a engineer out today, who spoke with someone on the end of the phone for a hour, i had a invalid PPP Error 271.. anyway they sorted that and i had a max through put speed is 2.8mb.. and now.. ive been capped at 350k..... does anyone have a number for someone english to speak to that actually knows what were talking about?

Lew

can you post the adsl stats from your router and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings