I added the ? as I am unsure whether it is faulty or not
Had a Smart Hub last November, and had it replaced following contact with DavidM (moderator) - The problem was that the Admin Password required inputting every few minutes. This stopped for a while with the new Hub, but i left it as the Admin parts of the Hub was rarely used.
However I now have a 'problem' regarding the speed from the Hub. The speed shown on the Hub Admin page shows 41-42 Mbps.
Doing checks on my Phone and on my Tablet, i get around 38-39Mbps on Wifi. However when testing using an Ethernet cable on my Laptop, the speed is around 20Mbps. My connections to my BT TV box are also using ethernet and in the past 2-3 months i have been getting poor reception on the TV channels received via the BB line
Things have escalated this week and I am sorry that you have been involved again. I have made a formal complaint about my BB speed, but I simply get passed from one person or section to another.
Attached is a speedtest taken on BT Wholesale showing 16 mbps together with a speedtest from Ookla Speedtest at the same time- 19b . Both these tests were done with BB via Ethernet. Doing the same OOKLA test on my Phone or Tablet (WiFi) has always been in the high 30's.
( NB.Had an engineer in a couple of weeks ago who said that OOKLA was the better speedtest !).
I am surprised that via WiFi on Tablet and Phone the speed contantly shows 36-39. It is this reason that i posted this question. ie could the Hub be faulty
(NB The escalation i referred to is that I find that I am being charged for infinity 2 but I only receive Inf 1. I have tried to escalate this with Customer Service but with little progress - Inf 1 or 2, my speed is far lower than I expect)