Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicksennen
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: SMTP Server Issues

Go to solution
I have the same problem! It just stopped working whilst I was away (so sometime since mid-Feb). In my Thunderbird settings I have the server set to mail.btopenworld.com and the username to user@hg24.btinternet.com - I tried omitting hg24. but it made no difference.
I tried installing Bt's Desktop Help but since I use Mozilla software it couldn't even find a BT email account on my PC. When are these lazy people going to recognise that Mozilla has a huge and growing share of browser/email users? Oh, and I could have written "recognize" if I didn't want a spellcheck warning, but I'm not American (lazy, lazy, lazy, ...)!
0 Ratings
nicksennen
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
Oh, and I've now tried all the suggestions in your Useful Snippets Andy - thanks, but no luck.
0 Ratings
neilmorgan
Expert
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

See   http://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-in-the-home/Email-not-sending-3rd-party-host/m-p/5735#M2805

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@neilmorgan wrote:

See   http://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-in-the-home/Email-not-sending-3rd-party-host/m-p/5735#M2805

Hi Neil.

This isn't the problem Nick is having.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@nicksennen wrote:
Oh, and I've now tried all the suggestions in your Useful Snippets Andy - thanks, but no luck.

Hi Nick, sorry to hear you've still got a problem.

Are you using Thunderbird for email ? You mention Mozilla - so I've made that assumption. I use Thunderbird with all my email stuff, including BTinternet email addresses and my various domain addresses.

@For starters, try altering the server to mail.btinternet.com and the username "without" @btinternet.com. Of course, these details need altering in both the server settings for the Thunderbird main account and the probable default server details you may have set.

Usually if these fail, then details set as per my shortcuts option 0d/h work.

Have you tried access via webmail, and does this work as expected ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16
Moved:

Go to solution

New poster, as this thread is rather old.

0 Ratings