cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

SNR Increase/Speed Drop

Installed a new router a few days ago (Asus DSL-AC68U) everything worked - although speeds slightly less than I was getting with HH5. Unfortunately had to return the router for refund (led's on front stopped working) and went back to the HH5.

Previously the SNR had been 6.0/3.1 with download speed of 40/41Mbps now its 6.0/6.0 and download speed is 37Mbps - as it seems my line was previously on the 3db margin what are the chances of this returning?

DLM seems to be intent on maintaing the 6db margin.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: SNR Increase/Speed Drop

Just need to maintain connection and see if DLM changes noise margin

Surprised if you would notice the download difference between 40mb and 37mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

No, there's no noticeable difference in the download speed it's more the SNR margin I'm asking about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as I said there is nothing you can do about noise margin apart from maintain a stable conenction and wait to see if DLM reduces margin to 3db again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings