cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P1LTS
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

SNR Margin Reset Request

i recently moved house and due to the layout of the house, I was initially unable to use the master socket for my HH4 confection.  Unfortunately, the use of the internal house extension caused regulate line drops. I have now resolved the issues and the HH4 is now connected to the master socket and the line has been stable for a good number of days. However, the NOISE MARGIN  appears stuck at12db.

Could I please request a reset back to 6db to see if I can increase my synch speed.

( 82.830000) DSL noise margin: 25.00 dB upstream, 12.00 dB downstream
( 82.760000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 6176 Kbps downstream

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: SNR Margin Reset Request

Once the connection has been stable for 3-5 days, DLM should automatically reduce the target margin. Leave it for a week and then try a reboot. If that makes no difference then post back.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
P1LTS
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi Webby.

I left it for 7days with the noise margin at 12dB. I then rebooted the router, but it resynched with the same noise margin. It has been the same now for 5days.

The connection is now rock solid, just at a higher than ideal noise margin.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Have you called the helpdesk and requested an SNR reset?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
P1LTS
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

No. I didnt realise you could do that. Do you have a contact no.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

it would have helped if you had included the date on the 2 lines of stats to show length of connection time  help desk

Faults  0330 123 4567

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
P1LTS
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Well I cantacted the helpdesk and after being redircected a couple of times, I spoke to a gent whom is arranging for the target SNR to be reset.

Let's hope this sorts things out.

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

if nothing happens then post back and we can see if mods will help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 11

Hi @P1LTS,

Thanks for posting. If the reset order is placed today you should see a difference within 48 hours but if you don't post back as @imjolly has mentioned and we'll pick up for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
P1LTS
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Hi All

It looks as if the SNR reset has been carried out. The noise margin is now reporting as 6.1dB.

The synch speed has increased to 7680kBps. The BT sppedtester is reporting an IP profile of 6.5Mbps

My actual spped is quite slow at present but I was told to expect this whilst the line re-trains.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days.