Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

SNR Reset and AnnexM

Hi

Right here is my problem..
I recently got upgraded to adsl2+ a could of weeks ago but the line went to interleaved straight away. Up until the upgrade I was set to a FAST latency and full 8mb connection.

I called customer service several times and had a few online chats to try and get my line latency changed from interleaved to fast profile and if possible change my broadband line to AnnexM for higher upload speed.

However so far no one at BT seem to know what the neck I am talking about. Customer service have said okay we will reset the line but nothing happens and one even gave me a number to call which I did but that was openreach who told me to call my provider.

Also does BT offer AnnexM if so who do I talk to to get this done and can someone please reset my profile back to Fast because online gaming is just terrible now.

Thanks
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: SNR Reset and AnnexM

BT only offered annex m to business customers but I don't think they offer it at all now Can you post stats from your router please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Good to know about annexM. Here is my stats

adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 1504 Kbps, Downstream rate = 21916 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 828 Kbps, Downstream rate = 19232 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: ADSL2+
TPS-TC: ATM Mode
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 5.9 9.2
Attn(dB): 14.5 8.0
Pwr(dBm): 20.9 12.2

ADSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 57 24
B: 154 34
M: 1 2
T: 4 2
R: 14 16
S: 0.2575 2.6667
L: 5251 258
😧 96 8

Counters
Bearer 0
SF: 364014 295260
SFErr: 0 2
RS: 91731269 267890
RSCorr: 3895 437
RSUnCorr: 0 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 26 1
OCD: 3 0
LCD: 3 0
Total Cells: 617348839 11525642
Data Cells: 52842908 1731544
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 265

ES: 0 2
SES: 0 0
UAS: 115 115
AS: 5905

Bearer 0
INP: 1.00 1.50
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 6 5
PER: 16.22 20.00
OR: 31.07 12.00
AgR: 19189.06 836.73

Bitswap: 34/34 37/37

The Bold/Underline is my issue. This in INTERLEAVED (6ms downstream) and just wanted to go back to a FAST latency,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

interleaved is normally only applied if there are/have been conenction problems - have you had connection problems  the internet connection time is missing from stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

It had been running great but when adsl2+ was added it disconnect several times at night for no reason. I checked all internal wiring and even plugged directly into the test socket but no change.

When I took those stats, the router had been running only a few hours. I changed from bthub 4 to a netgear.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

if your line is still not stable then getting mods to reset latency to fast will only be short lived as the disconnections will result in DLM changing latency back to interleaved to try and stabilise the line  need to find cause of disconnections then get latency changed

did you try quiet line test see if any line noise?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Yep. Line is quiet with no crackle or static. Router in master socket. When I was on adsl max my line was perfect. With no errors. It's just since adsl2+. The biggest fault was caused when the bt router took a fit and just kept on resetting. This set the interleaved on.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

adsl2 can sometimes cause problems on longer lines when upgraded but you are almost on top of the exchange with these connection speeds

have you tried using the test socket with filter instead of master and see if that helps stability  as I said unless line is stable then if mods reset latency to fast then DLM would just move to interleaved if disconnections continued

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Thanks for the help.
I have one of the newer master sockets with the broadband and telephone together. But i will add new filter in the test socket and try from there. Will post results later.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Well connected to the test socket and stats are the same. Only difference was a small drop in sync speed.
0 Ratings