ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI    0/38
Type    PPPoA
Modulation    G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type    Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up)    11.3 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)    45.0 dB / 22.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up)    7.9 dBm / 1.6 dBm

I've had an issue with my bt broadband at home as I was getting 2mbit and noise problems for many months, however after fixing that my connection shot upto Downstream   5,379 Kbps. However the SNR with 40.4dB - 45.0DB attenuation I would expect 7-8 or 8-9Mbps connection. I've also spoken to some broadband tech guys on thinkbroadband and they say I should contact BT and Request a target noise margin reset, or atleast SNR Reset.

Will be contacting BT shortly, hopefully they can do that for me

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: SNR Reset / target noise margin reset

you should be able to show a stable connection of 3+ days and then contact the mods who can reset your noise margin to 6 giving an increase in speed.  there is no point getting reset if your line is not stable otherwisde you will be back to square one in days

mods are http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951  but stable connection first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BLOODUK
Message 3 of 5

My line is stable as I said it was fixed, it's why my connection has shot up and a far better attentuation :). This post was basically what I was recommended to do by the tech guys on the think broadband forums for bt.

EDIT : However I am willing to wait the 3days, thanks for the reply

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Your connection uptime is only 52 minutes, did you reset the hub?

Give it 3 days, if it's still the same then contact the mods asking then to reset the noise margin and apply interleaving to your connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

your connection time is only 52min and needs to be 3+ days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings