Message 11 of 21

Re: SNR & Gaming

No it does help, i guarentee it. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

lol "increasing SNR to lower your ping" !

Fail !

here is a handy tip...

Leave DSLAM to do what it does best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

^^^ I never said that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Hi the statement let the DSLAM do what it does best is very true the noise margin selected is that selected for the best stability of your line as well as the best connection speed rather then trying to get the SNR adjusted just let the equipment do it's job as was said By one of the mods in an other post of yours the SNR can be adjusted but in your case increasing the SNR will not help you

Best advice to give you is use the connection
asthe DSLAM. Has set it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

I believe what the DSLAM deems to be stable is actually slightly under stable for gaming. Good for everything else but not for gaming.

I think that BT push the limits of stability to achieve the fast speeds that everybody craves.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

No in fact the opposite stability comes first that is why there are all the posts regarding low speeds after a large number of disconnections when the DLM increases the noise margin and reduces the ip profile you can believe what you like but stability comes first and I again point out what was said by one of the mods yes SNR could be increased but he was not convinced it was your answer

This comment comes from people with knowledge and indeed many of the mods are keen gamers so again understand the subject in detail please believe what you arebeeing told it is the truth I know people with 3db margins who never have any problem with connection stability indeed my own connection runs 24/7 at 1.1 db 24/7 with no disconnects or problems
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 21

Worth noting that SNR has been like that for the last 3 months with no disconnects or problemsg
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 21

As John said...

I have my SNR to 3db, it drops to 2, sometimes 1.5 in the evenings.

My ping on Uk servers is usually about 18 - 28ms (And thats with interleaving ON)

My connection is extremely stable, and hence why its at 3db. (current connect time 43 days)

Pings will generally increase slightly during the evening at peak times - thats perfectly normal.

You have observed your SNR lowering during this time - again, perfectly normal, its why we have it!

You seem to be convinced that because of this, the SNR ir related to the ping? Which unfortunately is completely incorrected. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

I never ever said that snr is related to ping, where are you getting this from

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Hi kezzaman
What is being said to you is that your theory is incorrect your noise margin has no effect on gaming and never will have you are going round in circles

If a line is unstable then it may benefit from a higher noise margin but that is all you have no problems please just accept that as you were told by the forum. Mods they could see no overall improvement wold be obtained by doing it. As I said before you are going roundin circles and getting. Nowhere
0 Ratings