cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hadlowj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

SNR and IP profile reset request after Major line problem.

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I would like to request an IP profile and SNR margin reset.

A few weeks ago my downstream speed fell off a cliff from around 6.5mbps down to about 3.1mbps, to cut a long story short turned out is was a hardware problem on BT’s network and after over 2 weeks of no phone line, openreach digging up the verge and roads and replacing hardware the problem is finally solved and my phone line is back up. While they did the work for the 2 weeks they were nice enough to provide me with limited internet access which was about 1.7mbps.

Problem is now its back up my ip profile is set at 2mbps

My downstream is down at only 4.9mbps due to my SNR being 9.7 rather than the 2.3 it was before all this.

After all this I really don’t fancy having to wait another 3-5 days for my SNR to adjust and my IP profile to update so is there any way to speed the process up.

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: SNR and IP profile reset request after Major line problem.

Go to solution
Can you post your router stats and btspeedtester diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hadlowj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Speed test:

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.96 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.96 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4.9 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

Router info:

xDSL

ModeADSL_G.dmt
Traffic TypeATM
StatusUp
Link Power StateL0

DownstreamUpstream
Line Coding (Trellis)OnOn
SNR Margin (dB)9.622.0
Attenuation (dB)47.529.0
Output Power (dBm)19.812.3
Attainable Rate (Kbps)55561124

Rate (Kbps)4896448
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Stats don't show connection time. Your profile will automatically correct itself in 3/5 days stable connection maybe sooner and even if mods did offer assistance it will be 3/5 working days before they got back to you due to the queue of other customers waiting for assistance. Your profile should have corrected before that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings