cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mother_flippin
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

SNR margin reset?

Hi all. What is the best way to request an SNR margin reset. My home broadband has had an SNR margin of 16 for weeks now, having previously been perfectly stable at 6. I have attached stats from a 5 day connection time, and stats from several hours after restarting the router. 

1 hour1 hour5 days5 days

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: SNR margin reset?

sorry the stats don't show internet connection time as against system uptime  

which set of stats are which  is there any stats for conenction time?

stable conenction on adsl2 for 5+ days should see noise margin reducing automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mother_flippin
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yes, apologies that the screenshot doesn't have connection time, I took it for myself before restarting the router without planning to post it here. The connection time was just over 5 days though. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

as I said normally if you have had conenction problems which have now been fixed then it normally takes about 5 days for noise margin to  start to reduce and speed increase automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mother_flippin
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes, that is what I would hope. However the SNR margin has not decreased, and the speed has not increased, despite having waited almost a month since the speed first dropped. The reset 5 days ago was due to a power cut. 

0 Ratings