cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SOLVED £30 PCM now £54 PCM an increase of 80% when bills are normally £90 Per 1/4

Go to solution

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help (Mods if poss please 😉  )

Over the last year, our BT bills have been very low, normally £90 per 1/4, this is because we now uise mobile phones with tariffs of free texts and calls.

We had a massive credit on our BT Bill which we thought hey, lets have two payment breaks and that credit will go onto our next bill.  We where in credit by about £60.  Our monthly payments are £30, so together £90 for next bill.

Anyhow, we did use the landline phone a tad more over the xmas period, especially whilst my nan was ill in hospital. Our next bill had a deficiet and we owed back about £30.

Anyhow, we just noticed that our BT Direct Debit has increased by 80% from £30 to £54 pcm, meaning our £90 average 1/4 bill will be paid leaving about £70 in BT's Kitty - we need this £70 for food, water, gas, a roof over our head.

We have not recieved any letter to confirm an increase.  If £54 was taken out of my mothers bank account and she only put £30 for the normal monthly payments, this would leave her overdrawn.  We can not afford £54 but can £30 per month.

We can not justify why BT thinks it is a good idea for the increase.  We would like some answers or some help please.

Look forward to hearing from you

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: £30 PCM now £54 PCM an increase of 80% when our bills are normally £90 Per 1/4 BT REVIEW

Go to solution
Hello, I have since sent a message via BT's website so hopefully get a reply there! Fingers cross!
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: £30 PCM now £54 PCM an increase of 80% when our bills are normally £90 Per 1/4 BT REVIEW

Go to solution

Hello,

OK i have been in contact with the Indian Department of BT and been able to reduce my payment to £35 pcm.

I asked the chap a very simple question "in the future, is it possible to pay by standing order and will this cost us any more to pay by standing order compared to paying by direct debit".  I asked that question 3 times, i had to break it down to 3 seperate sentances and he still did not understand.

He did not understand what a standing order is.  This is a total joke.  I also  i have just checked our acocunt and still shows the following : "Monthly Payment Plan notice As your overall charges are more than you are currently paying, we've increased your monthly payment amount from £30.00 to  £54.00."

I am really pulling my fecking hair out here AGGGGHH it is driving me MAD!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I can now see online the bill will be £35 pcm not £54.
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SilverWanderer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: SOLVED £30 PCM now £54 PCM an increase of 80% when bills are normally £90 Per 1/4

Go to solution
You do not explain how many calls you make to to run up a bill of £90.
You can make 100 calls to landlines for £5 if you use one of the usual predialling methods.
I assume you are trying to keep your phone bills down and leave more for for food, water, gas, a roof over your head
0 Ratings