Go to solution

*EDIT - THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED - NO MOD HELP NEEDED THANKS!!*

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 40

Re: IP Profile

Go to solution

I and many people on the forum have knowledge to help you either fix the problem yourself or point you in the right direction.  if you get an engineer callout and the problem is your own equipement or wiring then you will get a bill for £130.

I don't think your problem is a low profile as you think but a high noise margin due to the number or disconnections you had previously.  this resulted in your noise margin being increased with the corresponding decrease in your conenction speed.  as your profile is based on your connection speed then to get a higher profile your need a higher connection speed.

to ge a higher connection speed you need a lower noise margin.

now I suggest to progress your problem I would contact the mods and ask for your noise margin to be reset to 6db and that should give the speed increase back to your normal for your 4.5km line length

contact mods

can take up to 3/5 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 40

Go to solution

from your beta speed your profile is correct for your current connection speed and does not need reset like you thought but the problem is your high noise margin.  follow the mod link in my previous post to get assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 14 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

I suggest you read the forum and the number of people who are helped by other customers on the forum as they understand about the problems and many have experienced the same problem and have the solution.  by posting on a public forum you are asking other customers for assistance.

as I have pointed out the problem is not your profile but your noise margin is to high causing a low connection speed.  a profile reset will not solve your problem but a noise margin reset will

0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution

imjolly, please stop posting your "help" on my thread thanks! You are not correct, and how many times do I have to say, I am not interested in the "community" - I just need the fault fixed by the PROFESSIONALS.

As the only way to do this is through this forum, then that is what I am doing. This thread is for the attention of MODS who can get things sorted, not people who want to "chat" or increase their forum rep!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

you are wrong about how your profile works - read here and maybe this will explain wht you are wqrong 

check profile

check speed

Sinergy
Beginner
Message 19 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 20 of 40

Go to solution