Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 40

Re: IP Profile

Go to solution

@Sinergy wrote:

I am already familiar with that link, and I fail to see how that shows I am wrong in anything I have said.

Once again it seems I have to ask you to please allow the professionals to give me proper advice. Thanks.

that shows you are wrong because your profile is correct for your speed so resetting your profile will give same figure until you can increase your speed and move up the profile bands

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 22 of 40

Go to solution

*EDIT - THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED - NO MOD HELP NEEDED THANKS!!*

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 40

Go to solution

I thought you had read the kitz profile link  here it is again - just look up the chart for your current connection speed and that will show your profile.  as you cabn see to get a higher profile you need a faster connection speed.  I have added the link so if you enter your attenuation you can see what is your normal speed on a good line with no noise problem

check profile

check speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 24 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 40

Go to solution

if you read kitz site you will see you take your connection speed and that gives you your profile not the other way round.  however your profile does set your download speed and your download soeed cannot exceed your profile

everything starts from your connection speed so get that higher then that gets a higher profile and therefore a faster download speed.  in your case you need to get your noise margin of 14.9db reset to 6db which will then increase your connection speed which in turn will increase your profile which in turn will give you a better download speed.

0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 26 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 40

Go to solution
what you are being told is correct Your IP Profile is set by your connection speed NOT the other way around
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 40

Go to solution

I appreciate your problem got the tshirt

you need the mods to reset your noise margin as your line has now been fixed and it shoulkd be 6db.  get that reset and that will increase your connection speed back to waht you expect and that in turn will give a higher profile which will then give you a faster download speed

a profile reset will just leave you with the same connection speed as your profile is already correct it's your noise margin that is to high and needs reset

the mods will contact you and it will get reset

0 Ratings
Sinergy
Beginner
Message 29 of 40

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 40

Go to solution

the mods will contact you within 3/5 working days or you can phone the helpline on 08001114567

but I suggest you read this before being so rude to those offering you help