Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL BT!

BT,

I'VE HAD YOUR SERVICE FOR 3 YEARS, HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON AND OFF FOR ALL THIS TIME. AT MY PREVIOUS ADDRESS INTERNET KEPT DROPPING, HAD NEW HUB, PROMISED RESOLUTIONS ETC. I THOUGHT MOVING TO A NEW PROPERTY I WOULDN'T ENCOUNTER THE SAME PROBLEMS. WELL, HEY-HO SINCE MOVING INTO NEW PROPERTY THE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPANY HAVE FOLLOWED ME HERE. I HAVE HAD SO MANY ISSUES WITH BB, VISION AND THE LANDLINE I'M AT MY WITS' END. MY INTERNET KEEPS DROPPING, ENGINEER HAS BEEN OUT TO WORK AT THE EXCHANGE & WAS PROMISED I'D HAVE NO MORE ISSUES.  2 DAYS AFTER IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FIXED IT STARTED DROPPING AGAIN. AFTER 6/7 PHONE CALLS HAVE BEEN TOLD ENGINEER NEEDS TO COME OUT AGAIN AND I MAY NEED A NEW ROUTER. I AM SERIOUSLY ILL DUE TO YOUR COMPANY AND INCOMPETENCE. AM TIRED OF SPEAKING TO INDIA, PHONE CALLS NEVER RETURNED WHEN I EXPECT THEM. WAS TOLD MY INTERNET SPEED WOULD BE INCREASED, LIE THAT HASN'T HAPPENED. THIS IS APPALLING. COMPLAINTS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED. DO ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EXPERIENCE 2ND CLASS SERVICE FROM YOU??? SORT IT OUT, SORT IT OUT HEAD OFFICE GETTING CALL MONDAY. SICK N TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED WITH SO-CALLED SERVICE. RUBBISH.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL BT!

DO ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EXPERIENCE 2ND CLASS SERVICE

NO
If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

can you post the adsl stats from your router and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance.

Also would you mind turning the caplock off as it is difficult to read your post in all caps - thanks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RubberNutter
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Anger I would say with the CAPS on. I am sure you have already been though this, but as part of the trouble shooting process all the ground work has to be covered.

Before covering below, how do you connect your computer(s) by ethernet cable or wireless? If wireless check to ensure that it is not the wireless that is dropping as most people mistake this for the broadband service dropping, if you are using wireless I would suggest using the ethernet cable for 48 hours to see if dropping, if connection stays working after using ethernet cable then wireless at fault. If already using ethernet cable please follow below.

1: How many telephone sockets in use?

2: For all the sockets in use is there a microfilter plugged in first?

3: Do you know where your master socket is, if not check all sockets to see if it looks like the one in the picture.

4: If it looks like the one in the picture, then unscrew both the screws and gently remove the faceplate you will see another socket inside.

5: Using one microfilter plug that in first and only the router and telephone no other devices for 48 hours, leave router on.

6: Within this period use the speedtester.bt.com three times a day, one morning, one afternoon and one in the evening, this will map out sync speed and ip speed..

7: Also when speed test has been completed log in to the router to check the connection time, as it could be dropping.

8: Post what you have completed with the trouble shooting and the speed test results one from the start and one from the end.

nte5.JPG

If after all this and the service is still dropping I would call and explain what you have completed for trouble shooting and request to have it escalated as a repeat issue, also request to speak to a manager.

=====================================

Treat others the way how you liked to be treated

=====================================

0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

I'M XTREMELEY ANGRY AND THAT'S WHY CAPS LOCK ON. I TRIED THAT LINK TO CHECK SPEED THERE ARE TWO BOXES, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND SERVICE ID. WHEN I TRY TO ENTER THE TELEPHONE NUMBER IT WON'T LET ME, THE CURSOR WON'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE A LETTER!!!. SOMEONE FROM THE COMPLAINTS DEPT RG ME TODAY. THE PERSON WHO I SPOKE 2 LAST NIGHT SAID AN ENGINEER WOULD BE OUT MONDAY AND THEY WOULD CALL ME IN THE AVO TO SEE IF IT HAD BEEN RESOLVED. WELL THE COMPLAINTS DEPT SAID THAT NO ENGINEER HAD BEEN BOOKED BUT IS GOING TO SPEAK TO 'BACK OFFICE?' MONDAY. I WAS GIVEN A NUMBER 0808 1003445 AND A PIN NUMBER, NO IDEA WHAT THAT'S FOR. I'VE HAD CASE MANAGERS LOOKING INTO THIS. HAVE BEEN LIED TO CONSTANTLY AND THAT'S WHY I'M SO ANGRY. I HAVE A SERIOUS BIPOLAR CONDITION AND BT ARE AGGRAVATING THIS. IT'S NOT FUN. BEEN MISINFORMED, DISINFORMED, LIED TO, FALSE HOPES/PROMISES. HEAD OFFICE GETTING CALL REGARDLESS NOW AND AM GOING TO REQUEST MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (CALLS LOGGED/QUERIES AND OUTCOMES)TO BT UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 AND TAKE TO OFCOM/WATCHDOG IF I HAVE TO. 3 WHOLE YEARS CONSTANTLY ON THE PHONE TO INDIA. WHY AREN'T THE CALLS CENTRES IN THE UK? PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE FOR JOBS HERE?? THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. BT ARE FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER, DON'T CARE ANYMORE. JUST WANT THIS SORTED ONCE AND FOR ALL.

0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

I'VE JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE SPEEDTESTER BUT THE INTERNET IS CURRENTLY IN USE. WILL TRY THAT AND POST WHATEVER I NEED TO POST. I'M NOT GOING TO MESS AROUND WITH THE BT POINT ANYMORE, THAT HAS BEEN DONE BY THE ENGINEER, THAT'S WHAT I PAY MY LINE RENTAL FOR. THEY SAY USE BT HELP, WTH? HOW CAN I IF I DON'T HAVE BROADBAND? D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 19

Do you know that all capital or upper case letters is considered shouting ?

And though you may have cause to shout at BT the members of this forum are in the main not Bt Smiley Surprised

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Apologies.Robot Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Well, tried to test speed using the link http://speedtester.bt.com/ but it took 10 mins + to iniate and checked on another site. Download speed 2312 Kbps and Upload speed 623 Kbps. I don't understand this but thought I was s'posed to get 8 Kbps. Assured yesterday on the phone that they are upgrading the speed and mine was at the maximum of 24, wot a crock.Man Mad

0 Ratings
RubberNutter
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Hi

Sorry to say it is the customer responibility for secondary sockets, microfilters, telephones, extensions, BT are responsible for providing telephone and broadband service to the master socket only, this is why when you call you have to go through trouble shooting, e.g remove all devices, change microfilter, locate master socket does it have a test socket and so on.

The reason why I asked about setup and so on, is nearly 9 times out of 10 it is the end user equipment at fault wether it is a bad socket, or only one microfilter being used when another two telephone sockets are in use, router and list goes on. Also from your notes it suggests setup issue as it is still happening even since you have moved to different property.

I can understand where you are comming from I have just joined BT and already been lied too. I work for a telephone/broadband provider and above all else I never lie to my customers, I tell them it straight even when they aren't happy about it, nor do I except being spoken too like **bleep** by any customer and they are told that at the start.

As I say treat others the way how you like to be treated and we are only trying to help you. 

0 Ratings