cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL BT!

Bt packages are either up to 8mb or up to 20mb.  note the 'up to'.  the speed you get depends on the distnace you are from the exchange shown by the attenuation in your router stats.  The further away _higher attenuation) the slower your speed.  In addition noise on your line caused by electriacl interference of by your own internal extensions will lower your speed even more. 

you cannot do anything about your line distance but you can make every effort to reduce your noise.

a forum  member RogerB posted this which may help  http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397 

if you can post your router stats enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Apologies from me. I'm not a rude person and I know people are trying to help. I'm just hoping someone from BT views this forum and takes notice. Regards x
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

the mods will take more notice if you can be seen to have tried everything possible to eliminate any noise problem caused by your own equipment and that includes any home extension wiring.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RubberNutter
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Hi

Your just hacked off and I think most people see that.

So back to the boring questions, as we don't know about your setup.

Do you have any noise on the telephone line, crackling, buzzing, white noise or the old dial up modem type noise

How many computers are in use?

Do you connect by wireless, if yes what is the operating system for the computer, XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Apple MAC, this is to help getting information for stats.

Where is the router plugged into, master socket, secondary socket or extension?

For all the sockets that are in use do they have microfilter first?

Does the property have a live alarm system installed?

Also do you have any medical equipement installed or Red Care type system installed?

Do you know how to access the router interface as we need some information from that in due course.

We already know you have done this routine many times and it is the same no matter who the provider is, it seems they read from the same script, honest in most cases it does resolve the issue.

I have just seen the post above has all the questioning needed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

I have bipolar disorder and BT have made me ill. I can't be bothered now. If I go into hospital Ofcom, Watchdog and the newspapers will be informed. Pathetic service, absolutely pathetic. I'm sure if I cancelled my direct debit they'd be on my back. I've been lied to for the past month, that I will not tolerate. Freedom of Info Act allows me to have full access to calls made, queries etc. My patience has run out. I HOPE YOU ARE PLEASED WITH YOURSELVES.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 16 of 19

Hi britishtsortitout,

This doesn't sound good at all, I am sorry for the problems you've had with this broadband problem.

If you could drop me an email with your forum username and your account details I'll be able to check the previous fault notes and see what needs to be done to sort this out for you, please click on my username to get our email address - it'll be under the "about me" section on the left of the screen.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Message sent tonight.

0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Thanks for reply about my request for personal information. I would like to add that I still haven't received a reply to my complaint. I never ever get a reply from the Complaints Dept? Do they exist? Probably not. Pls look into this for me. I refuse to speak to India any longer.

0 Ratings
britishtsortitout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

okey dokey. more **bleep** from bt. someone from Ireland called me today on an old mobile saying he wanted to find out the issues i was having with bt. i said i was busy and call back an hour later. gave them my new mobile. no return call. can't believe they didn't even use my landling. so +++++++++ off I can't wait until i'm out of contract. no reply to compaint, **bleep**, **bleep**, **bleep**. beware of bt they'll hard sell to you but don't expect customer service, they don't have any.

0 Ratings