cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
689 Views
Message 1 of 9

SPAM --- Here we go again

After input from the Moderators this ceased.

Now it's back, this morning 9 from "checkboxstars" so far all going to SPAM Account, but still annoying.

What can BT/Moderators suggest?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
aoxm84
Expert
676 Views
Message 2 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@Johnoo wrote:

Now it's back, this morning 9 from "checkboxstars" so far all going to SPAM Account, but still annoying.


 

 

I'd rather have suspected spam sent to the spam folder than silently discarded in my opinion, at least then you have a chance to identify false positives.

Johnoo
Expert
666 Views
Message 3 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@aoxm84 wrote:

@Johnoo wrote:

Now it's back, this morning 9 from "checkboxstars" so far all going to SPAM Account, but still annoying.


 

 

I'd rather have suspected spam sent to the spam folder than silently discarded in my opinion, at least then you have a chance to identify false positives.


Yes, I agree as well, but I would have thought that BT would have a method to block it totally, they did the last time this type of mail started to arrive.

@Just a few charactors in the sent from box, if I hover over it shows the start of my e mail address & then @checkboxstars.com

 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
658 Views
Message 4 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@Johnoo wrote:

After input from the Moderators this ceased.

Now it's back, this morning 9 from "checkboxstars" so far all going to SPAM Account, but still annoying.

What can BT/Moderators suggest?


What would you like them to suggest. The spam filter is putting suspected spam into the spam folder as it is supposed to.

 

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
648 Views
Message 5 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@gg30340 wrote:

@Johnoo wrote:

After input from the Moderators this ceased.

Now it's back, this morning 9 from "checkboxstars" so far all going to SPAM Account, but still annoying.

What can BT/Moderators suggest?


What would you like them to suggest. The spam filter is putting suspected spam into the spam folder as it is supposed to.

 


To do what they did last time, which got rid of the problem.

I'm not technical enough to compile the exact resolution, but I would have thought IT staff at BT would have the expertise to solve this annoying situation

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
646 Views
Message 6 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again

I don't see what the problem is. If suspected spam arrives at your email account, the spam filters are supposed to put it into the spam folder. That is why there is a spam folder so it would appear to me there is no problem.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
638 Views
Message 7 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@gg30340 wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. If suspected spam arrives at your email account, the spam filters are supposed to put it into the spam folder. That is why there is a spam folder so it would appear to me there is no problem.


But you could be wrong.

I see it as a problem, the fact is these mails should be blocked by the system before reaching the SPAM Folder, this procedure has been put in place before.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
635 Views
Message 8 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again

I will look on with interest to see how this thread progresses.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
621 Views
Message 9 of 9

Re: SPAM --- Here we go again


@Johnoo wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. If suspected spam arrives at your email account, the spam filters are supposed to put it into the spam folder. That is why there is a spam folder so it would appear to me there is no problem.


But you could be wrong.

I see it as a problem, the fact is these mails should be blocked by the system before reaching the SPAM Folder, this procedure has been put in place before.


I think you'll find that masses of spam is blocked before ever reaching the mail account.

 

There will always be spates of spam affecting different users as spammers try new tricks and methods. The system has to learn, which takes time. Also again as spammers change their tactics, previously blocked spam may get through the main blocking system.

 

As has been said, the fact that the anti-spam system has noticed by prefixing the title means it's all working pretty well.

0 Ratings