cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

SPAM

Suddenly in just the past few weeks, I have been getting more and more spam. Up till then I rarely got a spam email, but now I can have up to 50 of them per day. I never open them. I move them to a spam folder, I've blocked so many that now I'm told my blocked list is full, but still they keep coming. Is there a solution, and can anyone explain the reason that this has suddenly started?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: SPAM

@hwedza wrote:

Suddenly in just the past few weeks, I have been getting more and more spam. Up till then I rarely got a spam email, but now I can have up to 50 of them per day. I never open them. I move them to a spam folder, I've blocked so many that now I'm told my blocked list is full, but still they keep coming. Is there a solution, and can anyone explain the reason that this has suddenly started?

I've also noted an increase over the last couple of weeks.

I'm getting about 50 during the day & another 50 overnight.

But all  but two/three go to the spam file of BTYahoo mail.

Annoying but at least I don't have to sort through rubbish in my In Box!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: SPAM

Same here. I always got SOME spam, maybe even ten a day. But over the past month or so (with a dramatic escalation in the past week), this has steadily increased to about 200 per day. This has made my email account unusable. I cannot believe that BT could not fix this problem if it had the will to do it. On the webmail service, clicking the SPAM button just moves the email to the Spam folder, doesn't it? It doesn't actually report the spam in any way, I am guessing. Spammers never send from the same email address twice, so any rule the Spam button sets up to automatically put spam emails in the spam folder is futile.

Once the spam had grown to maybe 50 a day, I tried reporting all of them at SpamCop.net ... God knows how many hours I spent doing this, but I don't think it made the slightest bit of difference.

BT care about their profits, and I cynically believe that they do not care in the least for their customers. I still can't figure out why my bills have doubled in the past two or three years. My broadband, and that of my brother in a different town, is awful. It can be fine for days at a time, and then it suddenly goes bonkers and disconnects every few minutes, and/or gives a rubbish streaming quality, making the BBC iPlayer unworkable. Abysmal service from BT. I feel a fool for staying with them all this time. 

0 Ratings