Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lion345lion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

SPEED ISSUES AND POOR BT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Go to solution

On 16 Jan, after 3 years of trouble free broadband with speeds of 5-7Mbps (I live across the road from the exchange 37 metres away) I started to get severe low speed problems which manifested itself as around 2mbps in the morning and dying to 500kbps by early evening.

I duly reported this to BT's broadband faults in India and went thru the usual, change the filters etc and ending with we have reset your profile please wait 10 days.

10 days went by with no improvement so rang again.  Went thru the change filters etc yet again and this time, we will send engineer.  Engineer came, tested everything and anounced my line perfect and should support 7.5mbps and he would report back that there was a problem.

a few days later, anoyed that the fault was listed as resolved on BT's fault page.

Rang again to complain and a second engineer was tasked.  He arrived, went thru the same checks as the first engineer and pronounced the fault must be in the enchange.  After two hours he rang me to say he was having issues with BT Wholesale and there was nothing more he could do.  Doubly annoyed to find the fault was again listed as resolved on BT fault website.

Promissed phone calls from my "owner" of the fault never materialised.

Raised the complaint to a higher level which resulted in a phone call from India to say BT Wholesale were now tasked with fixing the fault with one week.

Result? Nothing. No contact from Wholesale or anyone. Broadband speed now deteriorated to 12kbps, fractions of the up-load speed and verturally unusable.

The above is only the short version of the effort I have put in to try and get my fault taken seriously by BT and after a month I do not know what else to do.

BT Customer Service is appaling but I am hostage to them because there is no other LLU provider in my exchange.

Utter dispair!

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: SPEED ISSUES AND POOR BT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Go to solution

Would you like help from forum members?

If so then look here  Speed and disconnections first then follow the instructions at the end.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
lion345lion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for the offer of help but the problem is not with my system.  A special meeting of the village residents association has been called because I am one among many that has been suffering low broadband speeds for over a month now.  The problem is that BT will only deal with individuals and do not seem capable of putting two and two together and thinking, so many people with the same fault served by the same exchange, maybe the problem is in the exchange.  Instead we are palmed off with the usual rubbish and BT does nothing.

The result of the meeting was that we are raising a petition signed by all the people served by our local exchange that has this problem and to send it to the head of BT to complain about the appalling lack of service we are getting from BT Wholesale.  We will also be copying in any media that might care for the story.  Maybe then BT will get off their complacent, arogant backsides and take it seriously.

0 Ratings
lion345lion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

In desperation would someone look at the following and suggest a possible solution.  I should add the following for background.

I live 37.5 metres from the exchange (it is the next building across the road from my property)provides background information.

Two engineers have been to my house and pronounced my connection fault free and capable of 7.5Mbps.

For three years my broadband has been trouble free.

There are at least 20+ neighbours all experiencing the same problem.

1. Best Effort Test:  -

Download  Speed
 104 Kbps

0 Kbps7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 104 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600 Kbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

Many thanks

Dan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

How is your computer connected to the home hub?

0 Ratings
lion345lion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution
Hi Keith, It is connected via a LAN cable and the hub is connected direct to the phone line by-passing the internal wiring by a special socket supplied by the BT engineer.
Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

@lion345lion wrote:
Hi Keith, It is connected via a LAN cable and the hub is connected direct to the phone line by-passing the internal wiring by a special socket supplied by the BT engineer.
Cheers

Fine, your connection and IP profile are correct, but something is restricting the speed, it could be errors.

Can you post your ADSL stats as requested in my notes please. ADSL stats

0 Ratings
lion345lion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Hi Keith, herewith as requested

Connection Information Line state:

Connected Connection time: 13 days, 02:57:26

Downstream: 7.938 Mbps

Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type:

PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type:

Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 16.9 dB / 26.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 2.8 dB / 1.0 dB Output power (Down/Up): 9.9 dBm / 12.3 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 658344 / 109 CRC Events (Down/Up): 515 / 33 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 4291 / 17 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 392 / 26

Thanks

Dan

0 Ratings
MrFlibs
Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

Could be this

0 Ratings