cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigboy351
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Sainsbury Vouchers

Hi I have been a BT Broadband user for many years and just upgraded to Infinity. As part of the package a Sainsbury gift voucher was offered if the installation was installed by May 13th 2014. However the engineer failed to turn up on the first occasion so we have not met the date. I am trusting that I will not be penalised for this, I have claimed online and received the automated response which states that if we have not met the date, it will not be paid. I am unable to reply to the automated BT marketing email address provided so posted on this forum to see if any advice can be offered.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sainsbury Vouchers

Hi Bigboy351,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I completely agree with what you're saying.  You can't be held responsible if the engineer didn't turn up in time and you shouldn't miss out on the voucher because of this.

Send over your details and I'll check this out from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  If you could also include the link to this thread when you complete the form that would be great!

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Flairmingo
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

My sainsburys voucher has not turned up- I installed bt broadband etc in May - have had numerous problems which tbh I expected having being a customer with bt before. Why am I still waiting? I called the call centre 8 weeks ago about this. Are you hoping people forget so that you don't have to honour the voucher?
0 Ratings
Flairmingo
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Oh and like others - at 1755 my engineer was still en route.. At 1805 the appointment was cancelled after waiting in all afternoon. You treat your customers terribly
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 11

Hi Flairmingo,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that you still haven't received the Sainsbury voucher.  I agree that it's a long time to be waiting as I see your services were installed in May.

Send me over your details and I'll check what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
laurenbarton
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi im having a huge issue with bt and the vouchers i sugned up around 8 weeks ago. I phoned within my 12 days saying about the vouchers and how ive had no email etc when trying to claim they told me on the phone everything was ok and they will email the vouchers team and i will get my gift card. I told them if i didnt i wanted to cancel bt as i was in my 12 days he said, they didnt want to loose me as a customer and it will be belt with. Waited 5 days no email so i phoned again and had the same thing i then after 3 working days had an email saying i cant have any vouchers as in the day i signed up there was no offer? When i clearly saw one and checked there was as i would have gone with sky if thete was no offer. I then phoned up again and they said they will email and sort this out i then had the same reply through email that i wont be getting the vouchers. As i stated to bt if i didnt get the vouchers i dont want to be a bt customer i will join sky. Ive told them i dont want to be a customer now and they now say its to late after they lied to me about the vouchers. Ive refused 2 payments to bt and its cost me 20 pound in bank charges as i refuse to pay for somthing i dont want as ive been lied to. I need help cancelling my contract or getting my vouchers, im discusted at how ive been treated as a new customer. I cant even ring bt as i dont use the landline i dont have one and i now have no credit as ive used it on ringing previouly. Please could anybody actually help me with this? Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

laurenbarton

As your service is now active, you cannot cancel without paying the full cancellation charges,. Failing to pay will result in a default on your credit file, and the debt would be passed to a debt collection agency.

What date did you place the online order, remember the gift card is not available if you placed your order by phone?

You could not claim the gift card until the service was activated.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

cancelling your service will be very expensive as your contract has only recently started also not paying is a very bad idea as the outstanding bills will be passed to debt collectors and your credit rating damaged had you paid you bills you would have been able to have contacted BT via your landline which is part of your package
0 Ratings
dishygoose
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi there.

I definitely applied for infinity on the 6th July (£125 voucher!!), but I'm a little confused about whether I can claim the voucher or not; perhaps you can help me out.

I can't figure out if it only applies to people who have it actually installed by an engineer or not? I didn't have an engineer, I got the Hub5 etc delivered to me, and set it up myself, waited a few days, then infinity was activated on the 20th.

Do I claim, or not?!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Provide you ordered it online, and not by phone, then you qualify.

See the claim form here.

https://www.vouchers.bt.com/offer/sainsbury/

0 Ratings