cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 71 of 84

Re: Sainsbury's Voucher Promotion -- Confusion and Anger

i have been waiting over 8 months now for this so called gift card, i have asked BT to help with this matter but was told it is nothing to do with them ! its just a con to get people to sign up with them, 1000s of people have not recieved these offers and if you try to fill the application form on-line it always comes up with error in your address line ! i will never come back to BT once my contract as ended with them, and will be adding a staement on all my social network sites advising people never to sign up with BT in the future whatever they offer !

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 72 of 84

Hello, i have a very similar problem as adnir. I bought a bt phone and broadband package online as a new customer online. I only did this because of the stated promotional offer of a sainsburys voucher on the site. I met all the reqirements and it never arrived. i phoned customer services and after being messed around a LOT i was told i hadnt ordered the package when the promtion was on. Turns out the dates of the promotion was on a separate web page. But the page advetising the package clearly stated it was running and actually stated it still had over a week to go

this is clearly misleading. I ordered within the time limit, but by the time i got my box and had the line set up and then got given an account number in order to claim, the time to claim had aperently elapsed.How can i ask for a promotional offer at a time when it is not running if it wasnt mentioned on your website? id have never had known about it to claim. 

This clearly breaking the law in some way. If this is not adequatley resolved, i will go about ending my contract and will be getting in touch with the finacial ombudsmen.

i was also told by one person in customer services, the reason i wasnt getting one is that they didnt have any vouchers left. Not happy at all.

Will Spencer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 84

Please use this form to chase up your Sainsbury Gift Card.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

This is the same method that the forum moderators would use. There is a delay in issuing gift cards at the moment
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 84

I'm a new customer already regretting switching phone from EE plus BT infinity with the "free" BT Sport package.

After setting up the equipment I've tried to apply for my £100 Sainsburys Gift Card which was on offer when starting my online order on 14th July only to find that the order number details are in a different from format from those shown on the online claim webform.

So I emailed via the contact us system and have received what appears to be a standard fobbing off reply from the Vouchers Team saying that I'm not eligible and quoting 2012 offers.

Clearly the adviser hasn't logged into BT terms and conditions which show the whole string of offers from 2013 to present. Amazing!

Need this sorting out.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 84

A similar thing happened to me over the summer which I have frustratedly and fruitlessly been trying to clear up with BT's customer service. I switched from my old broadband provider after comparing offers on an online comparison site. BT had an offer comparable to others but it was offering £150 in Sainsbury's vouchers for switching. I selected the BT offer and was transferred to the BT site to complete my application. This all occured on 30/6/15 at which time it seemed clear that the offer was valid since it was actively being advertised by BT on the comparison website. I had to wait until installation was completed in order to claim the offer. The installation occured on 14/7/15 and I received an email from BT which I completed to claim my Sainsbury's offer. 45 days elapsed and no vouchers received and no word from BT. I contacted BT to follow up and was told I didn't satisfy the criteria:

1. Place your order via BT.com (the offer is not available when ordering over the phone)
2. Be a new BT Broadband customer (this means you didn't already have your broadband supplied by BT)
3. Order a broadband or TV package online within the following offer periods:
14.02.2012 until 15.03.2012 ordering any broadband package with or without TV
30.03.2012 until 27.06.2012 ordering the ‘Broadband and Anytime Calls’ package only, with or without TV
04.05.2012 until 04.09.2012 ordering any broadband package with or without TV
05.09.2012 on-going, ordering any broadband package with or without TV

I had indeed ordered via BT.com, I had ordered BT Broadband and, as for item 3, the dates were years old and clearly incorrect so I knew I had ordered when the offer was actively being advertised by both BT and Moneysupermarket.

After several emails back and forth between BT and myself, BT is maintaining the offer was not valid when I placed my order. If that is the case, it should have been removed from both BT and Moneysupermarket's website but it was not. To their credit, I have also brought the matter to Moneysupermarket's attention and they have, as compensation for my distress with BT, given me £50 in vouchers. They were having little luck with BT and I have had none. This seems fraudulent to advertise a reward to lure customers and then say the offer is not valid. It must breach Trading Standards.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 84

Good Afternoon

I did the saisnbury £80 vouchour promotion when I signe dup for BT on line.

I call up BT for the VOL number and was given 2 as 1 they said may have been used !

I went onto the web site and signed up for the promotion. Got the email saying that I did ect

Cant find this email now so cant check, but ben 2-3 months now and had no vouchor

Can you please look into this for me ASAP as would like what I was promised

Thanks

Andy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 84

@andycox3
Please use this form to chase up your Sainsbury's Gift Card.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

This is the same method that the forum moderators would use. There is a delay in issuing gift cards at the moment.*
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 84

Thanks for the reply but I can't remember my Vol number so can't fill out the form, I've tried this already
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 79 of 84

Hi Andycox3

Thanks for the posts and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry that you haven't received your voucher as of yet.  This is something that we can help with.

Could you please send us an email with your account details?  We can then locate the correct order reference number and supply you with the details.  To find our contact link, please click on my profile (SeanD) and you will find our contact link under the 'About me' section.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 84

Hello

I have experienced the same problems. Can i please urgently get some assistance. As a new customer, i bought this Broadband package with BT due to the customer service record and the components of my package which included the Sainsbury gift card voucher.

My details:

- New Customer since 03 SEPT 2015

- Multiple calls before i was informed a online claim was required

- Claim submited 04 Nov 2015. Incident : 151102-*****

- Awaited 30days, with no communication.

- Mulitple calls made to customer service team. Same message given, being case referred to another department who will be in touch in another  30days.

- Complaint made VOL12-*******

- After reading the forum blog, enquiry form also submitted ( using Link "https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090")

Please can i just get one person to help me through this process.

Regards

0 Ratings