Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Sainsburys gift card problem

Go to solution

When I ordered my BT package, the reward being offered to me was a £100 Sainsburys gift card. When the giftcard arrived I took it to my local Sainsburys to check the balance, but its only showing £50.

After spending nearly an hour on the phone being put on hold and getting passed through different customer service departments at BT, I was told it was not an issue they could help with over the phone as I placed the order online. They pointed me to an online form to fill out so I could raise my query there. I filled that form in 5 days ago and have still heard nothing back.

I have the transcript of the convo saved between me and the online advisor whilst placing my order confirming it was £100, I also took screen shots. (I somehow knew it wouldn't be straight forward to claim the £100, if something sounds too good to be true, it normally is)

Moderators please help.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
ChristopherP
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sainsburys gift card problem

Go to solution
Hi Bryn17,

If you filll out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you, form sent.
0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
I have just had a reply saying the correct amount is £50 and the problem is now resolved.

First off, £50 is not the correct amount, I have screen shots of the page I ordered from, it clearly states £100!! This is the only reason I ordered it when I did.

Second, I raised the problem, surely I decide when it's resolved????

Look forward to hearing from you again...
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Bryn17,

Sorry for the mix up with this.

As you placed your order online on the basis of receiving £100 Sainsbury voucher we'll definitely honour that.  I can see that we have your details here.  You're quite close to the top so a mod will be in touch with you very soon.

You can relax for the time being as we'll pick this up and sort everything out Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you for taking the time to reply RobbieMac.
0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
New email today that is asking for my feedback that reads: "Craig Ridgill answered your issue"

Craig Ridgill has not answered my issue at all, the case is still open so find it strange my feedback is being asked for at this point unless it has been closed? Feedback sent nonetheless.
0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Hello again.

I was told to wait up to 5 working days and the problem would be solved, 5 working days have now passed and I have not heard anything from anyone.

Really disappointed with the lack of communication that seems to be happening here.

Can somebody please solve this issue for me???
0 Ratings
Bryn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hello.

This problem is now solved.

I would like to thank the BT forum team who helped me to solve this issue. Thanks again.

Bryn

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for letting us know Bryn17. Glad we could help.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings