cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcstringer
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Sainsburys voucher scam

It has been over 45 days now since my BT package was installed and my £125 voucher has not turned up.

I filled in the online form to find out what the status was, and had the following response.

"I’ve checked your claim for a Sainsbury’s Gift Card and unfortunately your order does not meet the specific criteria for you to receive one. As per the order no. XXXXXX-XXXXXX it was ordered on 10/03/2015 and there were no offer running for the vouchers during that time frame."

Now I placed my order from the BT website which explicity stated that a £125 Sainsburys voucher comes with ordering the package. Therefore I am gob-smacked by the reply. I replied to the email last night but not had a response.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I feel like I have been scammed!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sainsburys voucher scam

Hi mcstringer,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the mix up with the Sainsbury voucher.  You can send us your details and we'll investigate things from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
j00n
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have just received the same email after placing my order online on the 6th March 2015 and being a new customer, switching from another supplier & submitting the claim form on 31 March 2015.

I’ve checked your claim for a Sainsbury’s Gift Card and unfortunately your order does not meet the specific criteria for you to receive one.

To be eligible for a Sainsbury's Gift Card you must satisfy all 2 criteria as stated below:

1. Place your order via BT.com (the offer is not available when ordering over the phone)

2. Be a new BT Broadband customer (this means you didn't already have your broadband supplied by BT)

However the order date is on 07/03/15 and there are no offer for sainsbury gift card on this date.

Any help please?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

contact RobbieMac he will help you
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 10

Hi j00n,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for any confusion with the voucher offer. I can help with this. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mcstringer
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hi j00n

Hope you are making progress in getting the voucher that you are entitled to.

After requesting help from the mods here, I have been told that I am entitled to vouchers worth £80, not the £125 I was expecting.

I complained about this, I was was told that the offer for £125 finished on the 05/03/15.

I pointed out that the link I clicked on when I ordered 10/03/15 said a £125 Sainsburys voucher was available, and that I only started research on prices on 09/03/15, so if the offer of £125 was not on the website at these times how would I know it existed. However the person I spoke to would not acknowledge the point.

Still utterly **bleep** off - think I will be contacting Watchdog and Trading Standards to let them know about my experience.

0 Ratings
M_Cashew
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I'm in a similar position. Claimed my Mastercard giftcard as a new customer. Why I had to claim I don't know. I was lead to believe I was entitled to £125 as part of the deal for signing up. If the offer was genuine, just send out the card. Chased it several times, had nothing back. Whenever I phone up I'm just given the run around. Very disappointing. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

0 Ratings
M_Cashew
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Thanks John46, But done that and it tells me that I'm not eligible, but gives no explaination as to why I have been declined. As far as I can see I tick all the boxes.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

did you place the order online
0 Ratings