cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Sales staff Con job ???

I chose to get BT Infinity 2 and calls from BT, my house for some reason did not exist on the BT ordering system and was told only the post office could add my house to that list. BT also stated they would do all the cancelling with Virgin as well as getting my number for me and all  Virgin services would cease on the day of the BT installation. So seeing I wasn't ordering online I couldn't get the ( Impossible to receivce) Sainsbury's vouchers as well as the 3 months reduced rate of £20 for the Infinity 2 BB.

CON 1

The moment I start the order off my name now appears on the official BT house list and I can order everything myself, get the never to come Sainsbury's vouchers and 3 months cheaper Infinity 2

Guranteed saving £18 even if vouchers never came

Con 2

No phone number ported over, no Virgin services cancelled at all, upon complaining I'm told BT were very sorry that the phone number wasn't brought across and that despite what I had been told that they would have only cancelled the phone anyway, so now I have to phone Virgin myself to cancel, which is another 30 days rental as well as having to keep the phone line open for maybe the next month as well to be able to port a working number

Cost to me for BT sales rep lies £50 for extra moths BB and TV pack + maybe another £15 for an extra months rental to keep the phone line open

Upon my phone line being fitted and my BB being activated, I am then told I must phone up straight away then I can upgrade to the line rental saver then put in my order to change to Infinity 2 fibre . Another 2 week wait for the infinty engineer but that's the only way it can be done according to BT sales ???????

So now my first bill is £22.40 for 1 months line rental plus the P&P HomeHub 4 delivery, this line rental I have been told by BT staff will be held as credit as I have already paid for the whole year but I don't trust anything I'm told anymore

What about my phone number port you messed up the first time, Oh no sir, you have an open order for your infinity 2 service, we can't port your number across until that order is closed.

Can anybody "In the Know" shed any light on the very poor service I have received, I'm already £70 out of pocket for BT errors, or am I better to seek legal advice

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sales staff Con job ???

The forum moderators will get involved in this post as soon as they read your post they will post there reply and give you a contact link to them

Please do not send them a personal message, as your message will not be tracked properly.also the mod you personal message may not be on duty for some time and that will delay your help further.

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi Brk1,

I would like to take a look at the details of your BT account. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your quick help guys, but when I click on your link PaddyB, the only option available to me is to send you a private message which I'm not supposed to reply to, not a contact us moderator email link, your whole page shows solutions you have replied to, a tags link etc but no "contact us" email link, could the site be optimised for IE, I only use Firefox and on latest ver 24 of the browser, I'll try by IE to see if it gets a link

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Hi Brk1,

Try it again I forgot to add you to my friends Smiley Sad

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Coming across shortly, the time IE was taking to try and get to you I could have walked and gave it to you by hand lol.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Sorry about the length PaddyB, added a bit more information in full, can't seem to edit the last post either so had to do a fresh reply, sorry for extra post counts

Sorry ,just found the edit feature Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I have as of 12.06 pm Sunday 13th October phoned up the 0800800030 and spoke to Dan I believe he called himself and cancelled my installation of Infinity 2 , therefore giving over 24 hrs notice and not to waste the time of BT and the infinity engineer coming round for nothing until I know whats happening with this, I'm not starting another contract when I've been misinformed or misold my first installation, I'll proceed with that at a later date.
0 Ratings