cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 40

Re: Same cabinet as neighbours, no further away, fibre not available

gg - exactly. There is a 99% chance that this product is available at my flat, but I am not paying line rental and activation fees when I have no guarantee that BT will manage to sort the issue with Openreach in a reasonable timeframe.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 40

As nobody at BT would appear to be willing to help you should explore other ISPs and see if they can help you.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 40

You'll probably find most ISP's have the same thoughts. It's a risk for then to spend the time with no guarantee you'll use them for service.

You need to get on at Openreach then.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 40

Could you explain how much of a risk it is and how much time and effort it will take BT to get a database updated?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 35 of 40

Thanks for posting @ed3303.

I'll be happy to try and get this sorted. Please drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. 

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 40

Bean counters know the cost of everything but the value of nothing!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 40

"Fibre is available to you at your property, however until you have placed an order for a phone line we are unable to give you more accurate details.

Should you have any queries relating to this once you have working phone line please do not hesitate in contacting us and we will investigate this further for you."
Seems Openreach have made their situation clear already I can see no other reply coming from them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 40

QED

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 40

@john46 wrote:
"Fibre is available to you at your property, however until you have placed an order for a phone line we are unable to give you more accurate details.

Should you have any queries relating to this once you have working phone line please do not hesitate in contacting us and we will investigate this further for you."
Seems Openreach have made their situation clear already I can see no other reply coming from them

The further details will be the estimated range, but he is unable to even order it because BT say it is not available. Hopefully the moderators will be able to resolve this now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 40 of 40

@DavidM - Thanks for looking into this. I have contacted you via the link.

0 Ratings