Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 40

Re: Same cabinet as neighbours, no further away, fibre not available

Thanks all for your responses.

While accepting that you obviously all know a lot more about this than I do, I must admit I remain dubious about signing up for a phone line.

One piece of information I neglected to mention is that I was aware I would be moving about a month before I did, and I started checking for fibre availability online back then. When I first started checking, the previous tenants were still resident in the property and still using their phone line. I was getting the same results as I am now. So I am not sure that activating the line again will rectify everything.

There is also the fact of how this worked at my previous address. Phone line inactive for years, but I could order Infinity straight off the bat.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 40

Thanks gg - that's sort of what I was getting at! Do you know what I can do if there is a database fault?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 40

As I said, it could be a database error.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 40

Many thansk gg.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 40

You will still need to have an active phone line at some point though, Infinity cannot be delivered without one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 40

Hi licquorice - I appreciate that, but I have in the past ordered it without one. Or, to be more accurate, I have ordered Infinity and a phone line at the same time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 40

Hi @ed3303 and thanks for posting.

Have you tried placing the order online? Does it give an option to add Infinity during the order process? Can you try that and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 40

Hi David and thanks for looking at this. I have just now tried starting the order process online. The website is telling me that Infinity is not available at my address. I'm not sure ay what stage you were expecting it might offer to add Infinity, but I don't want to order today so I haven't proceeded past the credit check stage (which is quite early on in the order process).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 40

Thanks for checking that @ed3303. If the order process is stating it's not available then the only other way to check would be to get the line connected first and work from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 40

Hi David,

Is it really not possible to investigate whether this is simply an issue with the database, without me paying for a phone line? I am (I hope understandably) not keen on paying line rental for a phone line I will not use, just on the basis that the issue will be investigated.

As I said above (I appreciate this threrad has become a bit long), fibre was showing as unavilable on online checkers even when the previous residents had an active phone line.

0 Ratings