cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonk1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Same exchange in Winchmore Hill N21 provides Infinity in Enfield, but not in Winchmore Hill

I am moving address from the borders of Enfield/N21 a few streets away to another address in N21.

Currently I have 70 meg download on BT Infinity and very happy with the service. However, I've been told by BT customer services that the new address only has old fashioned slow internet over copper wire. Max speed is 17Mb at best.

The interesting bit is both addresses connect to the same exchange in Winchmore Hill, are less than 1/2 mile apart and equidistant from the exchange. This seems very strange.

I really wanted to continue with BT Infinity as I have received a good service, but it looks like I will have to use Virgin Media instead.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Same exchange in Winchmore Hill N21 provides Infinity in Enfield, but not in Winchmore Hill

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Same exchange in Winchmore Hill N21 provides Infinity in Enfield, but not in Winchmore Hill

You will probably be fed from a pcp at your new location that does not have infinity available.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings