cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mat008
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Same old question when and why no real info?

I have the new cabinet installed next to the old cabinet but no one near by has got infinity yet when a lot of other places have where I live, I have a few details from info people here have talked about below

Postcode	Exchange	Service Type	Probability	Speed Increase	Phase	Cabinet
TN343JD	HASTINGS	FTTC	                100%	 5.24	                7bf	         P74

not sure what all this means!

I know BT keeps the info to themselves but I would like a rough idea when I could get it, as a long time paying customer with BT as are a lot of other frustrated customers who are too waiting to find out.

Thanks MR White

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Same old question when and why no real info?

Unfortunately, no one really knows when they are going to get it, that information is kept ny Openreach rather than B.T. My fibre cabinet has been filled yet i don't think there is any power to the cabinet.

Here are some things that can delay the rollout of Infinity: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/the-big-build/not-straightforward.aspx

My initial rollout phase was last year, i'm still waiting. There are houses only a few doors down who can get it and i can't, my cabinet go left out with the initial rollout.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
mat008
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply, maybe openreach should be reading this forum then, even then I doubt they would reply as either way they get there money.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Wouldn't exactly say that, there is a lot more that goes on behind close doors in the rollout of fibre optics, it is indeed a big rollout at that.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
kremmen
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@Aarong wrote:

Here are some things that can delay the rollout of Infinity

Here's another - lack of competition. In my area I have just figured out that most of the folks who can get fibre could also get cable...we cant so go figure.

It's that simple.

If OR had a perfectly logical reason then why not share it with the rest of us?

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 6 of 7

@kremmen wrote:

@Aarong wrote:

Here's another - lack of competition. In my area I have just figured out that most of the folks who can get fibre could also get cable...we cant so go figure.

It's that simple.

Cable have pretty well cleaned up in my area, they've been here for a decade or two. FTTC was installed in 2010, one of the first areas to get it, but I don't know if the VM presence affected the decision or not. If it did, it could be to try and limit any further exit to VM in what is a densely packed and  fairly affluent suburban area which must be profitable to any telecom operator. Damage limitation, if you like, which is a legitimate business approach to take.

If there was little or no VM, they would have had no haemorrhage to have to stem and I think they may then have done it later here, but who really knows?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

@kremmen wrote:

@Aarong wrote:

It's that simple.

You ain't alone there, have the same issue, i can't understand why they have 2 lots of fibre available to one area where is that i have none. Unfortuntely that's the way it goes!

0 Ratings