Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
browniegal
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Samsung TV and BT Homehub 4 help

Hi,

I am hoping for some simple technical help.  I have a Samsung Smart Tv (I am sorry I don't know the type as my husband bought it before he passed away).  I have tried to connect it to my new homehub today.  It says that it is connected to the internet when I go through the set up process but when I choose to watch Netflix etc it says that it is not connected.  Is there a simple answer?

Thanks in advance

Browniegal

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Samsung TV and BT Homehub 4 help

This may help.

Samsung Smart TV

0 Ratings
browniegal
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you - I found your page earlier, but it still won't work even though I have manually entered the ip address.  I am really stuck!  I am trying to do this after my husbands death late last year as he would have normally set this all up, I haven't a clue what I am doing! 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Are you trying to connect using wireless, or have you run an Ethernet cable between the home hub, and the TV, as that is the best way to do it.

Does anything else work on the TV, that requires Internet access?

If all else fails, reset the home hub, and the TV to factory settings, and start again.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I would go to menu then network and software update then online and see if there is an update for the tv. I have just checked my samsung and there are updates but firmware needs to be updated by downloading the file to usb stick and then connecting that to tv and then repeat previous but this time select usb. Your smart tv may be different to my samsung

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings