Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Samsung TV and Youview

Hi All,

I have a Samsung UE40D5520 and a Humax ddtrt1000 youview box and all is working fine except for a few matters already in these forums.

However the latest niggles concern the interaction between the YV box and the TV.

1. Despite the latest January software update there is no way that the TV will come on and switch to the HDMI input when I turn on the YV box or vice versa. The TV does recognise that an Anytime/CEC device is in the input list when I turn on the YV box but it won't switch.   I always have to manually switch to YV with the TV remote.  I have tried everything possible on the TV menus and putting the YV box in high eco mode - it just won't work.

2. I can punch in some numbers to the YV remote to get it to control the TV and that mostly works.    There is no source button on the remote, so I must use the TV remote to switch to youview, which rather defeats the objective of using the YV remote.
    We like to use the TV in native mode because the guide has program info on screen without a separate button press and we can view 4:3 programs in stretchyvision so leaving the system in permanent YV mode is not an option.

Any ideas?

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Samsung TV and Youview

CEC still isn't 100% on the Youview box yet and it still doesn't switch correctly (although it is a bit better after the Jan update). It is not just a Samsung issue.

There is no Source button and no way round this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

It looks like I'll just have to put up with it until CEC is sorted properly on the YV boxes. Smiley Frustrated

When that happens there won't be a need to change source on the TV.  

Dave

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Dave_C wrote:

It looks like I'll just have to put up with it until CEC is sorted properly on the YV boxes. Smiley Frustrated

When that happens there won't be a need to change source on the TV.  

Dave

There is another option to consider, but it would cost a little bit of cash. Buy a cheap universal remote control.

E.g. As mentioned here. 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Remote-Code-Needed/m-p/801404#M44309

Anyway, hope the free solution is implemented by Humax and BT soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Update:

Recently put the Humax box on high eco mode (deep sleep).  If I leave the Samsung tv in normal TV mode, it will automagically switch via HDMI to the YV box.  So that bit seems to work. Still won't work the other way when I switch the YV box off.

Note it switches as the box is nearly wide awake not immediately on switch on, so we only have to wait a few seconds of the nearly ready splash screen before YV starts - which is as it should be.

Dave

0 Ratings