cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 205

Re: BT Sport App on Samsung TV - 30s Audio Delay

It absolutely is a Samsung issue @PaulMarshall 

There are multiple formats for delivering video to devices, and then multiple ways to consume it on the device.  The BT Sport content is being delivered and consumed in a supported format that works on all Samsung TVs from 2015 to 2021, with the exception of a small number of individual 2016 devices (other users with the same models are unaffected).

Taking your JavaScript analogy, if a web site worked fine on thousands of PCs all using the same operating system and and same version of Chrome, but didn't work on a handful of PCs, would you still blame the JavaScript?

The Manager Mode and Hype Mode streams are a little over 2 minutes behind the main stream, due to the additional processing that they go through to add the graphics.  They're then sent via a different encoder and packager, before being delivered to clients.  It's an interesting observation that this route works - a good tip for anyone experiencing this issue. It's not a route that we can send all our channels via though.

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 205

I have had the same issue with the audio delay the past couple of weeks. I have just spent the last 50 minutes on the phone to Samsung, they remotely played about with the settings then reset my TV. Typically, after the reset, the audio was in perfect sync the 3 times I loaded the BT Sport app, and as soon as I hang up it goes out of sync again -_- 

@DarrenDev Thanks for looking into this. I did tell them it was a BT referral, but as far as the advisor is aware the issue has been resolved. Will I need to contact them again to let them know the delay is back, or will the fact I have logged the issue with them be enough? I will DM you with my details.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 205

So two ways I have found to access BT sport without the issue

Download the app via the PlayStation or Xbox and play through there - works fine 

download the app on a tablet and chromecast to tv - works fine

both methods above work without any audio delay.  The only time I experience the audio delay is watching BT sport through an app with Samsung 

Message 124 of 205

It's only Samsung TVs experiencing this issue, and almost entirely 2016 models (only a couple of reports from non 2016 models).
Message 125 of 205

@Hawthypx so frustrating! I'll chase them again.

0 Ratings
Message 126 of 205

@Marc1985  Thank you, I never thought of trying the playstation so ill drag it downstairs for tonights match. Might be an excuse to get a new TV... if the wife lets me!

Appreciate it @DarrenDev I have DM'd you with my details.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 205

Mate i have been having the same issue. I have no idea why i need to contact samsung about this when its not happening with any other app or with the best satellite provider in the world in 4K HDR called Sky. The funny thing is this issue didnt exist before till recently so its clearly an internal issue from BT themselves. The app hasnt been updated in the TV store either. My TV can play 4k/HDR with no problem with sky, netflix, amazon and even youtube. I am getting the x next to 4k on the device checker recently. Why are you restricting which models can use 4k or HDR if it works it works. Calling samsung is a waste of time as they will just ask you to reset the tv. Their isnt any updates for the TV.  These so called experts just get told to read some lines from a screen instead of diving into their **bleep** code they have written. If BT are feeling up to it message me and we can talk. 

Yours truly a proper Software engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 205

I'm not reading any lines from a screen. I'm the dev lead for BT TV and BT Sport on a number of platforms, and I'm leading the investigation on this issue with Samsung.  Do you really think I'd waste my time trying to help you guys out on a daily basis, and constantly keep trying to get answers out of Samsung, if there really was any way we could fix this issue ourselves?  The TV doesn't like our content, but we have no way of identifying why.  The same content works on many thousands of other TVs fine, but a small number of 2016 model TVs refuse to play ball. We're reliant on Samsung engineers to debug their internal APIs (to which we have no access) to find out why.

... but if you're just going to be rude @bizz007 , don't expect any further assistance from me.

Message 129 of 205

It was working for a long time until recently they haven't done anything to their apis or rolled out any updates. The only updates that are possible are from BT.  Also the fact since I've subscribed to bt which has been atleast a year I haven't seen 4k being displayed on my TV from bt although I use to get all the green ticks using the device checker until I checked it on Tuesday for the champions league which gave me an x for 4k. Like I said sky works in 4k hdr and my TV is set to 2160p 10bit.

0 Ratings
Message 130 of 205

I’ve said it before I’ll say again in case anyone missed it. 
It happened again to me last night for Liverpool but simply going out and back in to the app twice sorted it. 
No issues for the rest of the game.