cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Saturday afternoons on BT Sport

For me the live matches are fine. I have no problems with the commentary or angles and i thought Michael Owen did well. So well done for that side of things.

However the Saturday afternoon was a disaster...to me anyway.

Are there any plans to give us a proper soccer coverage between 3 and 5pm on Saturdays, giving us live scores as they happen throughout the leagues, with comments from the pundits.?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Saturday afternoons on BT Sport

Isn't that provided on the BBC and Sky though. I would like to see BT sport do something a little bit different.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Totally agree DaveBaines. There are many ways to get live scores on a Saturday if you want them already. I also, would have been disappointed if BT had went down that same road.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

One thing I miss since leaving sky is soccer saturday and sky sports news, surely it's do able on one of the BT sports channels when there's footy on?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

BBC red button does a decent service all afternoon. Might not be up to Sky sports standard, but you  get every goal update live.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Not that I watch football anyway but if I am watching a program I don't want pop ups, banners or any other type of interruption I just want to watch the game that's on.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

The live rugby will be taking up the time 3.15-5pm from next weekend anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I completely agree. Coming from Sky to BT, it's a bit like leaving Sainsburys for Aldi. Yes, you save money, you get the basics but you are left feeling a bit underwhelmed and still feel the need to shop elsewhere from time to time to get what you need.

What I miss the most is Sky Sports News and in particular Soccer Saturday between 3PM and 5PM on a Saturday.

I have interests in Football generally and like to follow all local teams and what is going on in general and the format offers entertainment, commentaries and live scores. Its compelling viewing on a Saturday afternoon when I am not at my own game.

BT Sports Football is fine, the camera angles take some getting used to but it is what it is. Sky have fine tuned this over the years but the timing of the games, a Saturday Lunch Time when many of us are going out to our own matches I tend to miss most of the games anyway. This is where the Sunday afternoon slots are perfect evening fixtures.

I think BT Sports needs to use the Extra Channel that doesnt appear to be doing much to offer a news service and a Live football update show of sorts, not to immitate Sky but to offer something.

BBC show starts at 4:30 , when its all pretty much done and dusted, too late.

I have just subscribed to Sky Sports 1 via Youview so I can watch the Sunday afternoon / Monday night games. 

Thanks for getting that sorted out BT 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

The BBC Final Score program acually starts at 2:30 - its on the BBC red button and on channel 601. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

I didn't know that. Glad I checked back. Thanks !
0 Ratings