cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Save yourself some stress and strain and get another router!

Smiley Very HappyAs i have said in previous posts i had problems with speed, ports not working (common problem), broadband light going orange.

As suggested people said dump the BT router well Happy Birthday Broadband connection you are officialy 48hours old without no big drops or disconnection!

I have used a differnet router TP-Link and no problems, even at peak times max fluctuation 2-3mbps which is fine on an average 36mbps connection, upload has neverdroppped below 7mbps and 90% of the time stays at 8+mbps!

So i`d say to most people with problems get another router as this takes a big part of the equation away for problems, it still could be the line, but if you can try one do it! I wasn't getting discionnected evry 24 hours with the BT one, but i would have to turn it off and on to get a better connection.

Regards

Guy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Save yourself some stress and strain and get another router!

Also like to add i think it is terrible that you have to buy your own router! i'm probably not as peeved as others as i got mine cheap.

Also i had over a week without a reasonable connection and as far as i can tell it might have taken nearly 2 weeks for another router!

Will i get reimbursed? I doubt it, i mean i pay just over £26 for unlimited and with line rental about £40 for my broadband a month.

So around £10 a week, so will they knock £10 off my next bill, very slim chance, will i get reimbursed for a router NO.

Like i say i am happy at the moment with the router i'm using, but i can also see other people who can`t afford to get another router being very angry!

Regards

Guy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Save yourself some stress and strain and get another router!

IMHO ISP's should stick to just suppling a modem rather than routers crippled with their own custom firmware.

0 Ratings