cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missbridget
Message 1 of 6

Saying i've gone over my limit in 4 days no way!!

Hi i've just changed to BT from orange and now have a 10gb limit i only used to have 2 with orange and according to BT i have now reached my limit within a few days. i've tried talking to them but they just keep saying you'll have to pay for more!! I haven;t used it, i never ever went over my 2gb limit so how the **bleep** can i have gone over 10!! and i have one less pc in the house now, Please help they won't check whats been goiung on, is some one else using my connection??????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Saying i've gone over my limit in 4 days no way!!

Have you got My BT? Because if you sign up there, you can see your broadband usage.

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/usage/viewYourBroadbandUsage.do?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Hi have you been using things like youtube iplayer and similar services as they are heavy users of your download limit
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've got this problem too! My post is here: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/I-think-my-BT-HomeHub-has-been-cloned-hacked/t...

Have you noticed any sort of weird router like in the image I copied into the post?

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

I seem to have this same problem with my usage,i am on unlimited but according to the stats ive used 18gb since 1st of august, i monitored my online game for half an hour and used 66meg ,so,that means i can play well over 2 hours and not reach a gig, ive been having speed problems since 31st july.It started around 2am in the morning, my ip profile dropped to 2000k which gave me 2meg, i used to get just over 7meg with a ip profile of 7150k.Bt reset my ip profile back to 7150k but my bandwidth keeps going between 2meg and 6 meg,the symptoms are exactly the same as when someone is using the bandwidth, i think someone as found away of using my bandwidth without going through my router hence the sudden drop to 2000k because of them messing with wiring,i know this is possible and ive checked my wiring outside and theres no tampering so if im correct my line must be hacked some how from the main junction box, but bt thinks im crazy/mad should be locked up person kind of guy and wont take me seriously, as of now im still getting same symptoms,engineer as been and done the wiring wich actually made things worse,he went away saying theres nothing that can be done from my end as there is no problem with your wiring,well i did say theres no prob with my wiring on the phone,so now im waiting for some miracle to happen and keep checking my bandwith and speed.Can i note that i only play my online game for about 2 hours a week and surfing web pages and the odd msn video player moment,which i can no longer use because my bandwidth is not stable enough to run it anymore, i dont think ill be paying the bill and i wont be bothered if im cut of, i can get better stable speeds from a dongle.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Hi   welcome  to the forums  

"i think someone as found away of using my bandwidth without going through my router hence the sudden drop to 2000k because of them messing with wiring,i know this is possible and ive checked my wiring outside and theres no tampering so if im correct my line must be hacked"

Sorry but your thought are totally incorrect band width cannot be used  without it going through your router as only one router can be connected to  a phone line at any time

Your problem is a low IP profile  caused by hub disconnections work done on your internal wiring and /or you restarting it to try and improve your speed  you need to leave your hub powered up with no disconnections or restarts  for the next 3/5 days and your profile will rise automatically folloewd by your download speed 

0 Ratings