cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Scam Call

I like that. Now that I am semi-retired and have plenty of time I play along with them. I think that if I am wasting their time and their phone bill they are not trying to con anyone else.

My record for keeping one of these on line is 45minutes, he eventually put the phone down on me when I said tell me again what is this windows thing I have got DR DOS.

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

@Bob1001 wrote:

I like that. Now that I am semi-retired and have plenty of time I play along with them. I think that if I am wasting their time and their phone bill they are not trying to con anyone else.

My record for keeping one of these on line is 45minutes, he eventually put the phone down on me when I said tell me again what is this windows thing I have got DR DOS.

Well I'm sorry, I'm fully retired and I certainly have better things to do with my time than waste it talking to tossers.

As you have plenty of time, If you want I've got a list of jobs you can do for me, just PM me your telephone numberSmiley Wink

I'd rather watch Coronation Street and believe me I hate thatSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Well folks,

The fun continues in Nov 2014.

Yesterday, I had 11 calls from these people, contacted BT for advice on their nuisance calls helpline, they just wanted to flog me a phone set. Wouldn't surprise me if some of their 'off-shore' call centre staff were deployed on to these duties to drive up sales of their posh phones.

How else could these people keep affording to make what must be 1000's of international calls daily??

Intriguing!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

most of these call are using VOIP so they only need an internet connection
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

True, forgotten about that.
Dam annoying none the less though 11 times yesterday sick to back teeth, however, I accept that they are fraudsters but other people maybe not so clued up might be taken in.
Sad really, what a world we inhabit
Cheers
0 Ratings