cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Search Function not working properly

This has recently started to happen to me too.

I KNOW for definate that i have several messages in my Inbox containing a specific keyword, yet 'ALL : Search Mail' does not find them. Ironically it does report two items in my 'Drafts' folder - which in fact is EMPTY ! i have tried two different keywords and both have the same result.

I have tried the same searches in IE, Firfox and Google, and all return the same result, - two items in my Drafts, none anywhere else.

BT - what is wrong ???

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 14

I have the same problem and this has been the situation for some months. In a search result is shows emails in my sent and draft folders even though the emails in question are no longer in these folders.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

I have had the same problem for a number of months. It is irritating as the search function used to work really well. I am aware that you can download to Outlook etc, but sometimes want to check personal emails while away from my own laptop. It is as if the search is using an old copy of your emails - so maybe  why the search throws up copies of emails in "drafts" ?

Is someone in BT going to respond to this thread (and many others on the same subject) to explain their plans for fixing this. If not it would be better to remove it as an option rather than providing a function that is not fit for purpose.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 14

My problem is that Search only throws up emails from 2015 and earlier and shows no emails for 2016.  Been on to BT and they inform me that I am on the Yahoo platform who are aware of the problem and it should take 8 - 10 days to resolve - wait and see!  It is very time consuming trying to find an email I am sure I received

0 Ratings