Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Search box not working

Go to solution

On the BT home page (home.bt.com) when I enter a search term in the search box it hangs for about 4/5 seconds with the message "waiting for search.bt.com" in the bottom left of the screen. It eventually changes the screen background to some kind of sporting event picture and presents a new search box. It doesn't complete the search and I can't get out of it. I can return to the home page by pressing the 'home' button in the bookmarks bar.

I have recently ugraded Google to the latest version, cleared all my browsing history and run Malwarebytes (free). My browser is Google but it also fails on Edge. I have tried resetting my home page startup defaults under Google Settings but to no avail.

This means that I cannot currently perform any Google searches. Any ideas?

Thanks, Ian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Tev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Search box not working

Go to solution

Hi Ian

I'm having exactly the same problem, also using Google browser. Occasionally it seems to return to normal operation but this morning it's back to the fault as described, very annoying.

Terry

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

using chrome when you try the search it shows page as 'not secure' and this is probably reason why search will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

OK but it was working. What has changed to make the site not secure?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BT need to fix it

i never use the search facility on the page and only tried search to see if I had same problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Well it seems to be fixed. Either BT have fixed it or the problem has gone away. It would be helpful if BT / Yahoo would post problems on a status noticeboard together with the resolulution so that we don't spend hours trying to fix non-existent problems.

0 Ratings