cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Second Box

I rang up BT today as I have the 'TV everywhere' package for my TV and can watch BT TV on my phone. I was wondering whether this meant I could set up a smaller second YouView box (hard wired) and be able to receive the IP channels.

I was told I had to pay £5 extra a month (bit annoyed but I'll pay it), but pay £40 for a box and £40 for an engineer too. Surely it's a case of connecting to the router and there you go, is it not? I was told I needed to hard wire it (I'm more than capable of using Cat6 etc.) which I expected as I'm on Infinity 1, but if I'm going to have to watch an engineer do something I can, then there's really no point.

Cheers.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Second Box

Have a look at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50691/~/about-bt-tv-everywhere-and-how-to-get-it

The TV everywhere' package is not for a TV but rather a is a streaming service that allows you to watch BT TV channels on your computer, tablet or smartphone.  It does not allow mirroring to a TV. So it a service that is currently  provided when you select certain BT TV packages.  Which TV package do you have currently and what broadband speed ?

BT do have an Extra (Youview)  box option that can be added to many but not all packages subject also to some internet speed. More details here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUyODg5MjM3L3NpZC9HOGl...

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the speedy reply, zulu17. I have the Entertainment HD pack with Sky Sports 1 & 2 HD. When I upgraded to Sky Sports HD in October 'TV Everywhere' appeared free on my account (I believe if you had Sky Sports you were unable to take TV Everywhere too), so I was slightly baffled.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Extra Box with BT TV on the go or Extra Box with BT TV Everywhere as I think it's alternative name as a package addon would not be available to you if you wanted to retain Sky Sports.

Hovever BT TV on the go (BT TV Everywhere ) also comes with the Entertainment Plus TV pack which I think is the current name for the one you have.

From other forum posts in the past people have self installed a second box - however BT policy on this seems to have changed over time ... in some scenarios where people already have 2 Youview boxes supplied by BT (ie they had previously  upgraded their box ) and therefore did not need BT to supply  a second box they were able to simply take the extra box subscription.

I suspect the desire to have Sky Sports may mean you will not opt to go down the extra box subscription route.

0 Ratings