Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
garylav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Second no show by engineer

Go to solution

I moved into a new property mid December and contacted BT to arrange taking my phone and broadband with me,they said no problem we can connect anywhere,arranged to have new phone line installed on the 23rd December with Bt vision and broadband to follow after they tested the line,however nobody turned up.Spent ages on phone and was told our postcode wasnt registered,sorted all this out and called back after christmas,was now told that they were having trouble getting permission from builders to install,however gave us a new date,that date being this morning,yet again no show,no contact from them to cancel absolutely nothing.Am seriously getting to the stage of just cancelling and going with someone else,why cant they just call us and let us know what is happening,am fed up with having to keep calling and sitting on phone at my mothers house for an hour at a time!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Second no show by engineer

Go to solution

Hi garylav,

I can understand your frustration at being kept in ther dark over the line install.

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. It can take up to 3 days ( sometimes longer in busy periods), and they will contact you direct via phone or email.

The mods should at least be able to find out if there is a problem and the reason why you are not being contacted.

Give them a go.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
garylav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for that,will give it a go,just want my broadband and vision back 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Hi Unfortunately the line is installed by OPENREACH not BT Retail your supplier and regardless of supplier it would be OPENREACH doing the work it sounds like the problem is with your builders all you can do is contact the mods and get there help
0 Ratings
garylav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I thought openreach was part of BT? as it says on their website its a BT group business,I have no intention of chasing engineers as well,If BT cant sort it then they should have said so much sooner and I would go with someone who can sort it,I have been with BT several years now and despite broadband problems and Bt vision problems month after month I have stuck with them,I am only asking for a little communication which I dont think is too much to ask,they are bang on time sending the bills every month.I dont think it is a problem with builders as people just down the road have BT installed.I dont mean to sound offish but getting very frustrated with different excuses from them all the time,I only mentioned 2 phone calls in original post as wanted to keep it short and get point across but it has been several calls with no results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
have you done as suggested in an earlier part of this thread contacted the forum mods to get this resolved
0 Ratings
garylav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I have contacted BT customer services via email,giving them a chance to respond first if I hear nothing then I will try the link above,found out yesterday  that the lady 2 doors down from me has been told BT cannot provide a service because another company is providing all the properties atm,Now I am worried as I have a 12 month ongoing contract with BT and they are trying to charge the mentioned lady a cancellation fee even though it isnt her fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@garylav wrote:

I have contacted BT customer services via email,giving them a chance to respond first if I hear nothing then I will try the link above,found out yesterday  that the lady 2 doors down from me has been told BT cannot provide a service because another company is providing all the properties atm,Now I am worried as I have a 12 month ongoing contract with BT and they are trying to charge the mentioned lady a cancellation fee even though it isnt her fault.

Sorry it's a bit confusing,

If BT cannot provide this lady with a service because another company is providing it to all the properties, how can BT then  be charging her a cancellation fee.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Starfish
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Go for it - the service is rubbish!!! If their customer care was a good as pass the buck we would all be happier and this forum would be dormant!
0 Ratings
garylav
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I really dont understand it either,I was talking to the lady as I said and she said she was also under contract with Bt and that they were going to charge her a fee if she cancelled,It sounds as though Bt and other suppliers will be allowed on site in the future but not yet,But if BT thinks I am going to wait 18 months for a phone and broadband they can think again.I guess I will find out if they ever decide to contact me that is!

0 Ratings