cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbie40
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Seeking an answer to my Question

Could someone enlighten me as to why BT are currently offering packages to sign up to BT Infinity in my postcode area, when a customer of over 40 years who has been erroneously disconnected from the fibre connection, through an admin error, (confirmed by BT) cannot get any guarantee of a connection in the foreseeable future.

I have been advised that following our disconnection 4 weeks ago our slot has been reallocated to another customer! We have been told that Open Reach have advised that the box is running at full capacity, and it's a case of waiting indefinitely, with no guaranteed timescale, for a slot to become available!  However,  using my postcode I could go on BT site tonight and it would have allowed me to order  the same package as a new customer!! Incredible! What's going on?

We have had 4 weeks of constant stress, hours online waiting for technical teams to answer, a visit by an engineer from Open Reach etc etc, before BT finally admitted we had been disconnected through an admin error their end. We live on the outskirts of a town not out in the country!  

Why would BT take new orders,when they haven't got the capacity to supply the service?   Surely this shouldn't be happening.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Desperately seeking an answer to my Question

Can you run this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com for your telephone number and post a screenshot of the results.

Is the cabinet completely full or just awaiting a new line card?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Desperately seeking an answer to my Question

You'd probably find if the cabinet is full, then the order would be cancelled once some of the automated checks are done further through the order process.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 7

Re: Seeking an answer to my Question

Hi @bobbie40,

I'm sorry you were disconnected in error. I would like to take a look at what is happening with your complaint.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Sorry to hear that mate - honestly I think the system is set up this way as it makes BT more ££££.

I had no phone - so did a check on postcode - all good - you can order fibre - here are the fantastic speeds you can get.  Activation day comes and it all just didn't work (well not quite but this is the simpler version).  Checks against my phone number showed that I couldn't get Fibre, 3 months later, Fibre is available again but the speed will be utterly rubbish.

Temporarily (2 months+ now), I've been put on an ADSL service and held to ransom as I foolishly paid for line rental saver.  This apparently can't be refunded so I have to stay and suck it up with BT.  Purposely misleading customers+new customers is my opinion on this.  Yes I am bitter and angry about this.  I've been mislead and now am stuck with a service that is not fit for purpose currently.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

No one is purposely misleading anyone. That would be fraud which is a criminal offence.

A data error seems more likely.
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

It may originally have been an unintentional problem with the checker - e.g. not-intentional.  We all make mistakes afterall!  I think we are all clever enough to accept that.

But - I have been reporting the incorrect data that is being spat out by the Openreach checkers.  It falls on deaf ears.  The only response I get is that BT are investing in bringing Fibre to millions of households and other generic responses.

Not correcting or putting right known problems as it has a desirable outcome (£££) - well thats where I would say thats misleading.  I think it's easy to just say "our computer systems/checks say this - sorry" - someone should be responsible for that reporting incorrectly when customers are paying money based upon these systems

-EDIT- My responses were to the OP first paragraph mostly - which yes I feel strongly about but I don't wish to derail the thread too much.  Hopefully the mods can assist him.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings