cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Selecting multiple files for upload to Cloud on Android

I've just started using BT cloud on both my PC and my Galaxy S3. It works well and i'm pleased with it but by default it only picks up the DCIM pictures and videos folder. I have lots of other pictures stored on my phone and if i want to upload them i have to select them one at a time using my phones gallery. Oddly, if i go in to gallery normally and select a folder, i can use the settings key to select multiple items. I can't do this if i access gallery from BT Cloud

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Selecting multiple files for upload to Cloud on Android

just tried that and I agree that is time consuming having to select each picture.  I did notice though that it gave me opportunity to select from my skydrive files

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Also anoying that it will not let you select anything from a network drive.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

I'm involved in the development of the BT Cloud service, thanks for taking the time to feedback.

There is an easier way to upload your files from another location in Android using multi-select but unfortunately this cannot be controlled from within the BT Cloud app.

You should be able to go to the location of the files you want to upload, click on the menu softkey (the one on the bottom left) and it should then pop up a list of options, one will be 'share' and if you click that it will give a list of options, BT Cloud will be one and then multi-select is enabled for you to pick the files to upload.

There will be a notification confirming the upload started (and one to show completion) at the top of the screen.

Hope that helps

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Hi,

How do I select a folder off my NAS Box to back up and include all the sub folders and files?

When I select the folder it just opens and digs down until there is a file to select.

is there an ini file of reg entry I can directly put in a path.

Bit useless at the moment as we dont store anything locally, its all on NAS Boxes.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

can you not do that by selecting backup and then the folder/file you want to backup.  once upload complete if you don't want to include in backup then you can remove from the backup list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Affraid not.

on network drives or UNC Paths

You can not select a folder, it opens it.

On local drives its fine.

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 11

Does it work if you map the network drive to a drive letter, and then use that?

Just done a test, and it doesn't seem to work ....  Adding to my list of missing features.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Missing-Features-in-BT-Cloud/m-p/773216#U773216

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

No wont work with mapped drives.
Unc path
Linked library
Shortcut.
Seems to be local folders only.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I am finding this almost impossible to use!

I want to select a folder and most of its subfolders and files, but NOT every subfolder.

I can do this in Digital Vault by ticking the folder/file tree - but in BT Cloud I either have to select EVERY folder I want, and EVERY file in the main folder. 

If I have to do this I may as well cancel my BT Cloud subscription and use Windows Backup to an external drive.

Who on earth thought the current product was a release candidate?!!

0 Ratings