cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottvs
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: Sending Emails from an iPad/iPhone

Just tried re entering my password on the outgoing server page and it seems to have solved the problem, at least temporarily
0 Ratings
Pannie
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

Me too! Let's hope that sorts it
0 Ratings
Propellor
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

I have exactly the same problem. Bt Mail works fine on the iMac but will not send on the iPad. Have tried all the suggestions on this thread but to no avail. Any further ideas?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

I don't wish to sound patronising but it will most likely be a setting that you have missed. Have a look through both these links and recheck your settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47535/c/346

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

You are best to set the email account up manually so that you input the settings. This may mean having to delete the account and stating again. If it won't let you set it up manually enter an incorrect password, the account won't verify and will then give you the option to set it up manually.

Propellor
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

Thanks for the links. Being an Apple novice I struggled to get the changes to stick. I could change and verify them but as soon as I tried using mail it would revert to the original settings. Anyway after many attempts it seems to have taken and is currently working. 

0 Ratings
CapnTrev
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

This works! - but don't think that the password for the outgoing server is correct just because there are a load of blackspots there. Delete them an re-enter your password manually - Worked for me.

Condolences to all fellow sufferers - BT really are the pits on this change over. I have given up on using my private e maill in Outlook due to constant pop-up stopping Outlook mail working and the constant distraction.  Just using webmail on PC and dreading the need to change passwords again.

If it goes on much longer Watchdog will be contacted

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Take5
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Thanks for this. I've only just been 'converted' to BTMail from Yahoo  (July 2014) and found your answer easy to follow; it solved my problem immediately.

0 Ratings
mikecpoole
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Horray! -  I have finally worked out why my ipad MAIL app cannot send emails after a BT mail password update. There are two screens within the ipad settings for email where the new password has to be re-entered. The first on the "Account" screen is obvious, but there is a second screen accessed via SMTP, followed by "Primary Server" followed by "mail.btinternet.com on>"

When you arrive at this final screen:  re-enter your new password here as well. Having done so I can now send emails via the MAIL app, as well as receive emails successfully. In both cases delete the old password - represented by a string of dots, and retype the new password

0 Ratings
Frances1
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Mike you legend - this works. I can now send emails from my apple products!!! Thank you. Why oh why when I spoke to India there did they not advise on this!! Again they wanted to reset my password and nothing happened!
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

@Frances1 wrote:
Mike you legend - this works. I can now send emails from my apple products!!! Thank you. Why oh why when I spoke to India there did they not advise on this!! Again they wanted to reset my password and nothing happened!

Hi.

Support probably won't know this as it's clearly an Apple issue. However learning on the job about various systems would clearly be advantageous.

0 Ratings