cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Sending Problem - 'Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.btinternet.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk'

I'm having an issue sending emails out using mail.btinternet.com smtp server. I'm using authentication on port 465 and get this message: 'Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.btinternet.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk'

Any ideas people?

Regards, Tim

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sending Problem - 'Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.btinternet.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk'

Hi cometrider,

Did you get this sorted?  Check out BT email server settings for the details you need to set up your BT email address.

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Re: Sending Problem - 'Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.btinternet.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk'

Getting the same problem here. Cannot send via SMTP. Nothing has changed on my client, so what's the problem BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@NeilO wrote:

Hi cometrider,

Did you get this sorted?  Check out BT email server settings for the details you need to set up your BT email address.

Neil

Hi Neil.

There are a few people now complaining that there are issues sending emails, including the one after your post from a new poster.

This indicates a possible issue which has nothing to do with the end user (unless everyone of them has done something to cause the issue).

How are the servers performing (including anti-spam engines) - are there any stats that can be checked to see if anything has dropped recently ?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@charlesb224 wrote:
Getting the same problem here. Cannot send via SMTP. Nothing has changed on my client, so what's the problem BT?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

In addition to my other post ... I've seen issues with some users on various ISPs having mail problems after upgrade to Windows 10. Is that relevant in your case ?

Sorry for the question, just a bit of extra details that to me would help point at the mail servers being the culprit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Sorry, been away - no I'm not using Windows 10.

I'm also chasing this from an ISP perspective (I'm not a BT Broadband customer, just Premium mail)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

OK - I have had problems with my emails sent via my btinternet account for several days now - nobody is receiving them.

I tried BT at first and after a rather cursory exchange via chat, it was concluded by BT that it was Outlook. I have several email addresses on my outlook (2013 on windows 7 FYI) and all the non-BT email addresses work fine.

My BT email even works fine from my mobile !

I tried deleting the BT email and reinstalling (no good)

I tried deleting Outlook and reloading (i am on Microsoft 365 - so it is not a short process!) - no good

I ended up online with Microsoft for an hour - she thought she had it working by changing my SMTP outgoing to 465 - she even fooled me into thinking it was working but it is not,

The emails go out and appear in my Outbox but they NEVER EVER arrive - so I have gone back to thinking its BT and their SMTP servers.

I do not know what to do next

Help!!!

MrAshbo

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Some posters who were getting a 0x800CCC13 sending error have found that this has worked for them. Open a command prompt as administrator and run:

sfc /scannow

This finds and fixes some supposedly corrupt system files. After a reboot Outlook may send email again.

0 Ratings