Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Sensitive solution to the Cancellation of BT account / Sky broadband

Perhaps BT would like to provide me with an explanation to the following:

My sons Sky package has just taken over my former matrimonial property. This is the same property which BT informed me that FOB was rolled out into. Remember my thread (now locked )

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Sensitive-solution-to-the-Cancellation-of-BT-account/m-p/...

Heres a reminder:

When someone receives a mailshot from BT stating that Fibre Optic Broadboad has arrived. Engineers have been busy in : **** ****. (my former address) The mail shot went on to say 'We're always looking at ways to offer a better service, so we want to tell you about some major improvements we've made to our broadband services in your area'. What has changed; We've rolled out fibre optic technology in your area which is providing customers with faster broadband speeds.(that part is a joke. I have since returned and spoken to 2 neighbours who are also with BT. They never received the same mailshot.....why was this?)

Contact 0800 121 4506 to see if you could get fibre optic broadband.

I naturally contacted BT , and who wouldnt , especially after receiving no more that 0.9 mbps for years!

1st August 2015 I spoke with a male rep who stated /and promised an increase to 5-10 mbps. "It would usually be about 20 mbps , but for your area it will be 5-10 mbps". These were his words (which I recorded)

18/08/2015. The BT change is installed. I check the speed and find it to be 2.20-2.50 mbps. Not exactly as promised.

Same evening I call BT and spoke with *** in your India call centre. She advises me that according to her system FOB is unavailable.

My son has just contacted me and asked me to visit the address to check what has happened:

Sky 72A5D

Speed (download) 7.5 mbps estimated

Upload    964.3 kbps

When we completed an actual test ,the actual figure was 9.46 download speed!

No alteration to the Line

just using Sky's equipment as opposed to FOB of BT (home hub 5)

Perhaps someone might like to expl;ain why we have suffered a download speed of 2.5 mbps with BT since 2015?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sensitive solution to the Cancellation of BT account / Sky broadband

It is nothing to do with the BT hub
Sky use LLU their own equipment in the exchange
which is the same as BT's ADSL2 + service

when on fibre you were to far from your street cabinet to get higher speeds than you achieved

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Rosey1955. I assume that you know that this is a customer to customer forum whereby we assist each other with broadband/phone/mobile and BT tv issues
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Why? Because I would like answers and john46 has just provided me with it. Why oh why was I misled into your fob package by a customer service person who advised me that we would receive between 5-10 mbps when in fact there was no hope of getting snywhere near that speed! Complaint to follow without a shadow of doubt !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

As D_D has already posted every one here apart from the forum moderators are BT customers they are not our packages
Did you not do whath others do and check the possible speeds yourself before ordering
You need to remember any broadband speed is an estimate until the service goes live and actual speeds csn be seen and this applies to all providers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I thought you said in your other thread that you had complained and you were compensated for not achieving the speed you expected.

"During my time with BT, I have often been in contact, as there have been a number of issues which have required complaints. The most recent being in August 2015, when I received a letter from BT stating that Fibre Optic broadband was live in my former matrimonial home (as listed). When I contacted BT regarding this matter, the male representative promised us that we would receive 'Speeds' of 5-10 mbps. I naturally entered into the contract believing this to be the case. On the day of the actual switch, namely 18/08/2015, I found that our mbps was 2.50 at best. That evening I contacted BT and spoke with one of your Indian call takers, who in turn advised me that Fibre Optic Broadband was not available in the area.

The matter was eventually addressed by an English representative whereby a small financial settlement was agreed".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Rosey1955 as I previously said. we are all BT customers like yourself.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

You said you were originally getting 0.9Mbps (I assume on BT ADSL standard broadband) and after changing to BT VDSL fibre you only got an improvement to around 2.5Mbps.

You now say you are getting 7.5Mbps or higher on Sky. Is that on Sky ADSL standard broadband or Sky VDSL fibre broadband?
0 Ratings