cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 85

Re: Sep 2015 price rises

The double your data offer also says it only applies if you re-contract your existing package. Again just to eradicate any thoughts you might have had of dropping to a cheaper package online and then doubling the data on that.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 52 of 85

As an example I'm on Infinity 1 (40GB). The normal full price is £18 which is what I signed up to (with a negotiated discount of course). In Dec 2014 it went up to £19.15. In Sep 2015 it will go up to £20.47.

I assume I could double my data allowance as long as I agree to re-contract for 12 months on £20.47 (plus next year's price rises of course) even though the current normal price might be £18, and as long as I don't even think about talking to BT about any possible new discounts. Yeah right!

Highlighted
Expert
Message 53 of 85

My sister moved from Sky to BT some time last year as she said it was much cheaper. I sent her an e-mail telling her to keep an eye out as BT were puting prices up on 20th September and she should get an e-mail about it (which she will probably never read). The answer I got back was "So far still cheaper than Sky. :-)"
I haven't done any comparisons as yet but that's her take on it at the moment.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 54 of 85

@Dode. Never believe your Sister 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 55 of 85

I don't usually! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 85

Another Price Increase

Just read the Martin Lewis email and BT prices are going up again! As a long standing customer I am happy with the service but must admit to being a bit fed up with all the great offers aimed at new customers. What about some sort of better deal for the loyal BT customers. Seriously thinking of changing over to a cheaper ISP as you get the same speeds for a better price and it's all on the same network.

Anyone else a little fed up with price of the BT service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 57 of 85

Line rental charge increase

I received an email from BT today informing me that basicly i will be paying more in line rental to enable a minority to have a better/cheaper service. Excuse me BT but i don't want or need your TV and Film service as I am happy with Netlix, I don't want or need to double my data as I am NOT a BT mobile customer and I don't need or want your FREE virus/online protection. I also don't think it right to have to pay another £1 per month increase in line rental to pay for these services. I actually have two lines so I will be paying another £24 per year. If people want extra services like more film/TV channels etc let them pay for it. Take not BT because you will be losing a £200+ a year customer if you don't.

This is the offending email:

Changes to your account

Hello,

We're changing some of our prices

Thanks for staying with BT. We're always looking for ways to give you more. That's why we're introducing things like the chance to double your data, AMC, our brand new US drama and movie channel and our best ever online protection - all for free.

To keep bringing you our best products, we do have to change our prices sometimes. So, from 20 September 2015, line rental is going up by £1 per month. To find out more (and for details of other price changes including some broadband and TV prices) please click here. But don't forget, there are still plenty of ways to get an even better deal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 85

Re: Line rental charge increase

I have to agree with you it's getting silly now it's not even a year since they last put it up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 85

Re: Line rental charge increase

Ahh, however this is the thing about 'all' communication companies ...
What happens is they put prices up, you don't like nor want them bur are FORCED to pay them or a penalty for deciding to leave. Let's face it that in reality there's like a couple of search and mouse clicks for BT but to the paying customer (who feels let down) a hefty charge to leave before the end of contract?!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 85

Re: Another Price Increase

I understand that you can leave BT without penalty within 30 days of receiving the price hike email, but what is the situation if you are part-way through the annual "line rental saver"?

A new provider will require you to take line rental with them, so do you lose the unused portion of your paid-in-advance BT line rental?

0 Ratings