cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Serious Serious Issue with BT Email, please read!

I thought it i would bring this to the worlds attention as i'm being run around in circles by the less than helful customer relations at BT.

Basically, the 'Premium' email hasn't been linked to my account for at least 4 Years, worst case, 10 years.

The only reason that this was evident is becasue of the SHOCKING increase in Bt Premium Mail ( which i shouldn't be paying anyway !) This flagged up in my bank account, seems like they have been taking £1.60 out of my account every month for these 4 - 10years WHEN I SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN PAYING ANYTHING!!!!!!

THIS needs sorted by one of BT's representatives on this forum as i am sick sick sick and tired of being given the run around by your so called Helpdesk, god knows how much time and effort i have wasted over the lst few days only to be told by the next poor help desk member that they have nothing in my notes.

Cancellations of orders, House Moving, Stealing have all been an absolute disgrace in terms of BT's input.

THIS MUST BE ACTIONED!

DO NOT CHOOSE BT, I have been a customer, a loyal customer for over 10 years and not a problem, these last 3 or 4 days have been catastrophic in terms of Customer Help.

Extremely Angry Customer #89092657

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Serious Serious Issue with BT Email, please read!

Premium email isn't linked to an account. It is a stand alone product for customers that do not have a BT Broadband account.

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Oh yes it is , yes it is, it has been MY email for that length of time against my account, if you are NOT a moderator or an employee of BT, move aside please. If you are, do the research FIRST before knee jerk responses.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts. 

All problems on the forum are primarily dealt with by other forum members where possible.

BT Premium email IS a stand alone product that gets charged for. It only gets linked to your account and the fee stopped if you requested it to be linked.

If you are a BT Broadband customer, you get 11 free email addresses that are automatically linked to your account and are NOT charged for.

Before raising a complaint, did you:-

a) At any time ask or transfer to BTPremium email. This usually happens when a person stops their BT broadband and wants to keep their email address?

b) If you were a BT Premium email customer did you at any time ask for it to be liked to your BT Broadband account?

See link about BTPremium email

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it%...

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@chuttonx wrote:

Oh yes it is , yes it is, it has been MY email for that length of time against my account, if you are NOT a moderator or an employee of BT, move aside please. If you are, do the research FIRST before knee jerk responses.

Oh dear, oh dear. Not the best way to seek help.

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

OH Yes it is! it is MY Email address, it is MY Premium User ID, It is MY log in, it IS my ONLY Email address that i've ever had with BT. Once again, do not copy and paste information from various standard BT sites, it isn't helpful to those seeking help, all the time. My case maybe unusual it seems, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, there is an issue with my BT account that no one seems to be able to address at BT, they have clarified ther is something unusual, but no one can sort it out. 

THIS is getting extremely annoying. 

If there is no-one from BT on these sites, apologies, i was not aware, however clearly wasting my time if no one can addreess this direct. Having said that if BT cannot sort out the issue, it may take to the community to help instead. 

Sometimes there are anomalies, not everyone can be tarred with a broad brushstroke answer. Thank you for attempting to help however. It is noted.

0 Ratings
chuttonx
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Once again, try positing positive responses rather than continued knee jerk, clearly not helpful responses, unlike the other poster who at least attempted to understand. 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Hi @chuttonx Sorry for any confusion over your email account. Premium mail is a separate account but as you have BT Broadband it should not be and it should be linked to that. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings