cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 22

Server down?

Anyone else experiencing this please? Primary and a secondary account both using Thunderbird IMAP. Sending and receiving fail.

Another mail account hosted by 123-reg works fine.

BTmaildown.JPG

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Server down?

Yup, we've got the same. Webmail access works, so I assume it's the IMAP service.

tried an on-line instant chat - but was told there was a 12-minute wait!

Highlighted
Message 3 of 22

Thanks ajwh. It's good to know it's not just us. 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 22

BTmaildownTrRt.JPG

Maybe there's a way of configuring Thunderbird to wait a bit longer before giving up? I'm not an expert but it looks like the ping gets there after a few seconds.

..... just searched and I can't find a way to do this.

Btw, Outlook on a Galaxy J3 seems to connect normally.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

It's not a TB thing......

Two Samsung Galaxy phones fail, and so does Outlook 10

Outlook says "Server refused connection"

Ping produces a response.

Tracert connects (but slowly)

So it's the BT server at mail.btinternet.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.43] which is not responding correctly

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 22

Outlook Express POP3 on an XP system .... secondary account works OK, as does sending from the primary, but receiving on the primary fails.

Tracert from that system yields a similar timeout on the first hop -  *  *  *  *  11 secs to 31.55.187.197

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Ive not been able to access my emails since Friday, been told its accounts connected to Yahoo BT, said it will be Monday next week. They say they are working on it mmmmmmmmmm right I believe that. BT are quick at passing the blame onto someone else this time Yahoo is the people that have done this NOT BT!!!! Plus they say they will ring you back and NO ONE DOES!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 22

Mods, have you reported this? It's BT's responsibility. Do the tech teams know about it? What's the best thing for us to do to get this resolved quickly please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 22

Hi guys,

Thanks all for reporting this. We've highlighted this and will post back as soon as there are any updates. Unfortunately I can't give any timescales at this point.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Glad it is not just me experiencing issues! Everything was working fine yesterday. 

I hope that BT sort it out quickly as it must be affecting a huge number of subscribers.

Thanks for reporting it.

0 Ratings